Registered Nurse Seasonal PRN Operating Room
Medical City Plano
Registered Nurse Seasonal PRN Operating Room
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
At Medical City Plano, we care like family.
Just as a family does, we pull together to care for, support, and celebrate with patients and each other. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place.
Surgical Services Registered Nurse / Circulator – Seasonal PRN Status with a Full-time Schedule Day Shift 7A – 3P (Monday - Friday) with Call Rotation
Applying the standards set forth for nursing practice by the American Nurses Association (ANA) and Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN), the OR RN works with surgeons and anesthesia providers to deliver the safest, highest quality surgical care to our diverse patient population.
• Assists with and assesses Operating Room readiness: table positioning, supplies and supply availability, and equipment set-up
• Monitors treatment in the operative environment including practice of aseptic technique and maintenance of sterile fields and correction of breaks in technique for any of the team members
• Manages patient safety by implementing operative policy and procedures including patient identification, site verification, positioning and counting of sponges, instruments and sharps
Using advanced technology and leading-edge techniques, we perform procedures in a wide range of surgical specialties, including Brain, Burn, Cardiovascular, General, Gynecological, Neurology, Ortho, Plastics, Robotics, Spine, Trauma, and Urology. As a Level 1 Trauma Center, our Surgery Department has 26 operating rooms and is staffed 24/7.
Must have two (2) years of current OR RN experience
A completion bonus of $4000 to be paid after the successful completion of 18 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one completion bonus will be paid per 36-week season.
• All Seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period (2 weeks) during the seasonal period.
• Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another facility that has an emergent staffing need.
• Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4-week schedule period.
• During the course of the 18-week period, the employee is required to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or designee).
• Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
• Seasonal Staff will not be eligible for benefits, except 401(k) and retirement contribution per the PRN policy.
• All seasonal RNs will have one opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation.
• Current FT, PT, and PRN Level 3 employees are not eligible to join the Seasonal program.
• Shifts may vary based on the needs of the department.
Medical City Plano is a full-service, Magnet-designated 600+ bed acute care hospital with more than 2,070 employees. As part of HCA Healthcare, we have the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide exceptional care. Our services include a Level 1 Trauma Center, comprehensive cancer treatment, advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive, orthopedics, heart and vascular care, and complete women's and children's services, including a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 NICU.
• Texas RN license or compact license is
• Current BLS issued by the American Heart
Association or American Red Cross required
have at least two (2) years of OR RN experience in an acute care hospital
an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.