This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
LPN - PRN Position
Columbia, MD 21045
Five Star Senior Living Inc.
Posted 49 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
LPN - PRN Position
At this time, we are seeking a LPN to join our team!
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for IL resident services based on residents' social, psychological and physical needs and desires.
- Coordinates resident activities of daily living; advocate resident independence throughout all programming.
- Assists with resident move-in and move-outs and with resident discharge planning as needed.
- Evaluates IL residents' needs for supervision and adjustment to apartment living.
- Manages resident complaints and communicate same to department managers.
- Conducts community tours and events in cooperation with marketing office.
- Manages annual IL resident satisfaction surveys including development of participation strategy, action plan resulting from outcome, and communication of results to IL resident association.
- Assist residents who are in transition i.e., move-ins, return from hospital or skilled nursing facilities after illness, or any other significant life event.
- Maintain and protect the confidentiality of resident information at all times.
- Effectively manage residents and families concerns/grievances.
- Monitors and reviews resident incidents to identify possible legal issues and to identify patters that might require preventive intervention.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship and cooperative attitude with intradepartmental personnel, as well as, other departments within the community.
- Licensed L.P.N., preferably with experience in long-term care of geriatric nursing. Current state license to practice as a nurse.Current CPR certification and additional certification in nursing specialty desired. .
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm.
- Must be able to bed, stoop, lift, stir, walk and stand for extended periods throughout the work day. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must have New York State LPN license in good standing and experience working with seniors is a plus.