RN, Tele Health Fulltime
RN, Tele Health Fulltime
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you ll be part of a team that s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Provides complex, clinical specialty care for assigned patient population through non-diagnostic telephone assessment. Uses medically-approved nursing assessment guidelines, educational knowledge base and nursing experience to determine level of urgency and timeframe for medical evaluation of patient symptoms and/or situation.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Must have four (4) years of nursing experience to include direct patient care assessment.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license. -Must obtain within 90 days of hire or placement in role a healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following: o American Heart Association o American Red Cross o Military Training Network
Skills or Special Abilities: - Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care and clinical area specific standards.
- Must pass typing test with minimum score of 20 words-per-minute and no more than 3 errors
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Must possess excellent listening skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, in English, to include but not limited to, communication via telephone, overhead paging and in person.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors and be capable of handling complex clinical care utilizing independent judgment.
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Associated topics: asn, care unit, hospice, intensive care unit, maternal, nurse, registed, surgical, tcu, unit