Registered Nurse HHD RN
Bronx, NY 10461
Registered Nurse HHD RN
1515 Jarret Pl, Bronx, New York, 10461-2606, United States of America
Registered Nurse – Home Hemodialysis
Some dialysis patients perform their dialysis treatment at home instead of in-center. In this full-time role, you’ll work in the clinic to plan, train, and oversee your patients to ensure their home dialysis treatment stays on track.
What to expect
- Advocate – here you’ll be responsible for assessing each patients’ condition and implement comprehensive training plans based on your evaluation to help them dialyze on their treatment.
- Educate – In addition to training patients to perform their own treatments and giving them the confidence to address complications, home hemodialysis nurses also educate perspective patients on the potential benefits of home dialysis and engage physician and in-center nurses to ensure patients are making an active choice in their dialysis treatment.
- Autonomy – provide comprehensive patient care in an independent setting by applying your “core” nursing skills to assess, diagnose and implement complete care plans.
What we’ll provide:
- In-classroom and hands on training – if you are new to dialysis, we’ll provide a 9-12 week paid training and the support to guide you through to becoming a nephrology nurse.
- Career opportunities – DaVita is committed to providing robust development and experience for nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions, integrated care, and clinical research).
- 3000+ locations – across the U.S. for wherever life may take you.
- Comprehensive benefits package – including medical, dental, vision, 401k plan, $2,500 cash gift for new parents, back-up child and elder care and so much more.
Some details about this position:
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training. You may be working mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- You must be flexible on the final clinic placement as it may be in a different location; there is also the potential to float to various clinics during and after your training.
You must have:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice; Minimum of 12 months' of RN experience.
- Current driver's license, reliable transportation, and vehicle insurance in state of residence.
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree.
- CPR certified, or willing to become certified within 30 days.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook.
You might also have:
- Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background.
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN).
Interested in learning more about home hemodialysis? Read more here.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on our DaVita Careers Facebook page.
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer – Vet and Disability. To learn more about what this means click here.