Travel Acute Registered Nurse RN
Travel Acute Registered Nurse RN
This role is part of our Ocean Angels Travel team. Travel encompasses our mid-Atlantic Division (NC, DC, VA, WV, MD, DE). Must sit in one of these states in order to be eligible for this position.
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position. Assignments vary in length but are about 12 weeks on average. Gain exposure to our prestigious hospital partners and learn multiple modalities of dialysis!
Get paid to travel to the oceans and the mountains!
Competitive base salary and generous shift differential
Interested or have questions? Please email Laurel Norman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hospital Services (Acute) Registered Nurse
DaVita is seeking a Registered Nurse who is looking to give life to patients in an Acute Hospital setting. RNs in this role work autonomously alongside the hospital staff to assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for the critically ill patients.
If you haven’t considered Nephrology nursing before, read on as we think that you should. Dialysis Experience is NOT required.
What you can expect:
1:1 Patient Care. Deliver acute hemodialysis to in-patients with chronic kidney disease, as well as patients with acute kidney injury (AKI) and transplant. Average Patient to Nurse Ratio is 2:1 or 1:1.
Patient education. Whether this is the first or a blip in their chronic treatment, our RNs are experts in educating our patients and families.
Specialized, complex care. RNs deliver care to patients who are often dealing with multiple co-morbidities and/or acute conditions which require unique treatment plans and the ability to leverage a broad range of nursing skills and knowledge.
Not just hemodialysis. Acute RNs may deliver nephrology care across multiple renal therapies: peritoneal, continuous renal replacement and apheresis.
Expect the unexpected. When you walk in the door each day you don't know what patients you might have, their condition, when you will get them or when you will be done for the day.
Autonomy in a Hospital Setting. Deliver dialysis to patients at a particular hospital or group of hospitals and become an integral part of their team and ours. As a teammate in an acute setting you work on your own almost all of the time. Each day you assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for critical patients. Our Hospital Services group performs 1.1M treatments annually.
Schedule. No two days are ever the same for an acute dialysis nurse - long days and on call are required. Schedules vary by hospital system. For this role expect to know your weekly schedule in advance, but your daily schedule may change depending on patient needs. Must be in commutable distance based on on-call requirements.
The Gold Seal. As an Ambulatory Health Care accredited provider, DaVita is following and meeting the highest standards of care, providing care in line with the highest industry standards according to The Joint Commission. We expect our nurses to commit to improving patient health through clinical goal setting and quality improvement initiatives.
You Must Have (aka. Requirements):
- Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state where practicing
- At least 2 years of dialysis experience preferably in a hospital setting
- Those with hemodialysis (chronic) background are welcome to apply
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with mandatory overtime required due to the nature of the acute treatment you are providing.
- Work long days without notice
- Ability to travel to multiple hospitals within a given area (Be sure to ask your recruiter about the commute range for this position.)
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Physical Requirement: nurses often have to push/pull large hemodialysis machines around the hospital with little or no assistance
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
Nurses: if this isn’t the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Send them this link.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or send us a message on our DaVita Careers Facebook page.
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer – Vet and Disability. To learn more about what this means click here.