University of Maryland Capital Region
What You Will Do:
Transports patients to and from nursing units, operating rooms, rehabilitation and imaging departments. Transports equipment, supplies, pharmaceuticals and mail to and from appropriate areas.
1. Maintains expertise to properly use related equipment to include:
d. IV pumps, tubing
2. Adheres to maintenance and equipment policies. Takes malfunctioning equipment out of service immediately and notifies proper department.
3. Identifies each patient by comparing run sheet request to individual ID band and chart.
4. Uses good body mechanics during transport and during transfer of patient.
5. Completes each transport in a timely fashion and documents productivity on a daily basis.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Previous hospital experience as a transporter or nursing aide preferred.Basic Life Support – Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP). Equivalent to a High School diploma or GED; basic employment skills.
Lifting and/or carrying objects weighing more than 50 pounds.Pushing and/or pulling non-motorized equipment (e.g., stretchers, supply carts, mops) weighing over 50 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.