West End, MD 20850
Brightview Senior Living LLC
POSITION SUMMARY: Creates a vibrant living environment by engaging residents in a variety of activities to stimulate and support spiritual, physical, intellectual, cultural and emotional wellness.
Essential job duties include the following:
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrates the STARS principles of Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation and Success in all activities and interactions.
- Assists with the planning and implementation of spiritual, physical, intellectual, cultural, and emotional programming for residents that is consistent with Brightview standards and focused on residents’ unique needs and interests.
- Promotes and communicates upcoming community events and opportunities to residents, families, and associates.
- Takes ownership of timely set up and breakdown for events, including preparing materials, effective staging, and coordination with other departments.
- Consistently engages with residents to identify their preferences, hobbies, curiosities, needs, and interests; recommends programming and connections accordingly.
- Drives community vehicles and/or accompanies residents to and from outside activities and appointments to ensure residents’ engagement and safety.
- Participates in developing professional communication pieces such as newsletters, emails to families, and daily event postings, to promote community events and share success stories.
- Assists to develop, organize and ensure delivery of the community’s monthly newsletter to residents.
- Participates in and attends all required in-service training and education programs as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities in this position.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND TALENTS
- One to three years’ experience in a customer service oriented role and a four year college degree in gerontology, teaching, hospitality, or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in MS Office Suite, audiovisual technology, and web applications; ability to quickly master new technology and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly connect with diverse individuals and to engage and motivate others.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong customer orientation to older adults.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Must possess an approved DOT physical or ability to get one prior to hire. (start date may be delayed to obtain)
- Must be 21 or older and possess a valid driver’s license with a driving record in good standing.