DSP - Direct Support Professional (641855)
Baltimore, MD 21201
Institute of Professional Practice
Direct Support Professional/Caregiver - Baltimore County
Job Title: Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Mid Atlantic Human Services Corporation of Maryland provides support to adults and children with developmental disabilities. We offer residential and day programs in Harford and Baltimore County. As a member of our team, you will directly support the care and personal achievement of individuals in our programs. You will also act as an advocate to promote, protect, and integrate individuals within various communities. With a variety of schedules and locations to choose from, Mid Atlantic Human Services is a great employer of choice for those that care for others.
- Provide direct support to individuals with developmental disabilities, in a residential setting.
- Provide assistance with ADL's.
- Support daily activities which include household chores, meal preparation, recreational activities, learning activities, and physical fitness activities.
- Accompany individuals on routine errands, provide assistance as needed in accomplishing tasks.
- Represent the needs, wants, and interest of individuals served or supported by the program.
- Implement program initiatives and related support as directed by the Residential Program Manager and Program Director.
- Provide input on program planning and implementation for individuals.
- Document in accordance with policies and procedures, and all pertinent laws and regulations.
- Implement activities specific to each individual plan.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and working relationships with other staff, families, and general public.
Requirements: GED or high school diploma. Basic computer skills. Valid driver's license. Good verbal and written communication skills. Prior experience is preferred but will consider applicants with relatable skill set or healthcare background. Ability to demonstrate responsibility for others. CNA, GNA, or MTTP certification a plus.
Physical requirements: Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Experience: Preferred but not limited to, direct experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities (DDA) or experience in Human Services field.
- Free college education through College for America SNHU
- 11 paid holidays
- Personals days
- Paid sick days
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 403(b) retirement plan