Full-Time Lead Care Giver (11pm - 7am)
Mc Lean, VA 22102
Sunrise Senior Living
- Sunrise Team Member
Responsibilities: -Represents the Sunrise mission and values; models the Sunrise mission, and Team Member Credo in everything you do
Providing assistance for Sunrise residents with activities of daily living -Attending to individual care needs and get to know their unique preferences and personalities - Notifying management of changes in condition and recommend adjustments in the level of care and service - Acting as a role model and leader for other care providers and team members - Ensuring proper training and procedures are in place to provide the highest quality of care for the residents
- Engages residents in life skills & other life enrichment activities throughout the day in reminiscence
- Maintains common areas clean and tidy at all times
- Reports all unsafe and hazardous conditions/equipment immediately
- Observes, notes documents in Daily Log any residents changes in eating habits
- Partners with community team to ensure community is in compliance with OSHA requirements and promotion of Risk Management programs and policies; adherence to safety rules and regulations
- Promotes and ensures a pleasant dining experience during all meals
Qualifications: - Excellent communication and customer service skills - A positive attitude, the flexibility to perform various duties in service to the residents and the ability to work in a team environment - Previous experience working with seniors and desire to serve and care for seniors - High School diploma/GED accepted and may be required per state regulations
- Must be at least 18 years of age - Medication Management Certified preferred and as required per specific state requirements
- Competent in computer skills, Microsoft Office and Sunrise applications with the ability to learn new applications - Ability to make choices, decisions and act in the residents best interest - The ability to handle multiple priorities, demonstrate good judgment and decision making skills is essential
- Ability to react and remain calm in difficult situations
Sunrise maintains a drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a drug and alcohol test.
Make a Difference Every Day
We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
We care for residents and each other, and offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
You have the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally, and achieve your career goals.