Licensed Practical Nurse LPN (LPN/LVN #)
Waverly, VA 23890
Maxim Government Services
Maxim Healthcare Services is seeking qualified Licensed Practical Nurse LPN or Registered Nurse RNs to provide medical care in correctional settings throughout Virginia
- Long Term Contracts
- Travelers Welcome - Candidates with residence more than 50 miles away from the client site will qualify for stipends!
The following facility site locations are available:
The Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) will provide inmates with routine and emergency health care in the Medical Section of a Corrections Facility and will conduct health histories on inmates. When necessary, the Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) makes referrals of inmates to the staff physician, nurse practitioner, dentist, mental health professional, or specialist in alcohol and drug abuse treatment. The Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) ensures all medication is administered in accordance with standard operating procedures and as ordered by the authorizing authority. Also, the Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) determines the need for emergency hospital care.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Performs focused interview to identify specific patient needs.
- Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient's condition.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Documents the patient's plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
- Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon patient care requirements.
- Monitors consistency between patient plan of care and actions of medical staff
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
- Initiates and evaluates patient and/or family education.
- Revises the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions.
- Documents patient's response to nursing and other interventions
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4) JCAHO, state and local laws; 5) Patient's Bill of Rights; and 6) Maxim Healthcare, nursing and client hospital policies.
- Other Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) duties as assigned.
- Active, unrestricted LPN or RN license in North Carolina or any compact state
- Active Basic Life Support card through American Heart Association
- Minimum one year of professional experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse OR Registered Nurse
- Prior experience in Med-Surg, ER, Mental Health, or Corrections preferred but not required
If you're interested in hearing more or applying, please contact Josephine de Graft- Johnson. @ [Click Here to Apply] [Click Here to Apply]