PCA/CNA: 7-3 Shift Full Time/Part Time
Midlothian, VA 23113
HHHunt's Spring Arbor of Salisbury Assisted Living is seeking qualified CNA/Resident Assistants. The CNA/RA will provide resident care duties under the supervision of the Resident Care Director and the direct supervision of the Supervisor-In-Charge (SIC) and/or licensed nursing personnel. They will also assist in maintaining a positive physical and social environment for the residents.
Personal Care, Nursing and Service Functions
- Assist residents with activities of daily living (ADLs), including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, positioning, transfer, mobility and incontinence care
- Prepare residents for meals, snacks and activities
- Assist residents in dining room including serving meals and clearing tables
- Respond to resident emergency call system
- Observe, document, and report to RCC or their designee any changes in residents’ condition
- Communicate with residents and family members in a polite, professional manner
- Maintain required resident care documentation per State regulations and HHHunt Policies and Procedures
- Transport residents when required
Safety and Sanitation
- Understand and follow safety and infection control policies and procedures.
Light Cleaning Functions
- Assist housekeeping in maintaining resident rooms, offices and common areas ensuring rooms are safe, comfortable, attractive and orderly.
- Assist with laundry when needed
- Attend meetings and in-service training sessions as required and in accordance with state guidelines
Residents’ Rights Functions
- Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding residents’ rights at all times and report observed violations
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Pleasant, friendly, and helpful at all times ensuring proper and timely service
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude at all times
- Ability to remain calm under stressful conditions
- Ability to exercise confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA guidelines
- Well groomed and ability to follow dress requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Experience in a healthcare, hospitality, or service environment preferred
- CNA certification preferred, Personal Care Assistant (PCA) certificate may be accepted
- Must have and maintain CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Must have and maintain certifications and state licensure requirements
- Ability to work in an environment conducive to caring for seniors without posing a substantial safety or health threat to self or others
- Ability to work well with others and promote a team environment
While other companies just build places to live, at HHHunt we build a better way of life. HHHunt has continued to build on its successes and is now a recognized leader in real estate development throughout Virginia, North Carolina, Maryland and South Carolina creating new homes, apartment communities, senior living communities and award-winning master planned communities. It is HHHunt’s mission to improve the world and how people live by creating meaningful experiences and places of great distinction.
HHHunt offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, great growth potential and an excellent work environment. HHHunt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.