This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Certified Medical Assistant- CMA OR Licensed Vocational Nurse- LVN
Lewisville, TX 75029
Posted 6 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Licensed Vocational Nurse and/ro Certified Medical Assistant - Clinic Days
8: 30am - 5: 00pm
CornerStone Medical is looking for a skilled Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) and/or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) for a busy clinic in Carrollton Tx. The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) and/or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) is responsible for the delivery of quality health care services to the patients. This is a temporary to hire assignment.
Responsibilities of the Licensed Vocational Nurse and/or Certified Medical Assistant:
- Perform general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
- Escort patients to exam rooms, and prepare patients for the health care provider.
- Preform phlebotomy and other in-office testing but not limited to blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
- Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topical, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
- Required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis as well as perform routine tests
- Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
- Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
- Communicate with patient regarding test results prescription refills and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician. Prepare, and keep patient exam rooms clean, stocked, and orderly
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining inventory logs for medical supplies/medications.
Requirements of the Licensed Vocational Nurse:
- Current Licensed LVN OR CMA, preferably with experience in Dialysis or Kidney Diseases and Kidney problems
- 2 years of LVN OR CMA experience in a clinic setting
- Licensed LVN OR CMA is required
- BLS is preferred
- Current CPR certification and additional certification in nursing specialty desired
Quick apply online or Text ext.