This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN
Portland, OR 97201
Healthcare At Fostercreek
Posted 7 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Healthcare at Foster Creek is looking for Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN's) to join our growing team. LPN's, under the direct supervision of the Director of Nursing Services, provides prescribed nursing care services to residents. Works collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team Maintains standards of professional nursing practice. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor. Current Openings: NOC shift, Evening shift, PRN Benefits* Paid Training
* 24x7 Office Support
* Lunch Provided
Responsibilities* Takes and records patient vital signs as assigned.
* Dresses wounds, gives enemas, and douches.
* Applies compresses, ice bags, K-Packs or other approved devices.
* Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medications or treatment to medical personnel in charge.
* Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or inter-muscular injection, and notes time and amount on patient charts.
* Assembles and uses such equipment as catheters, tubes and oxygen supplies.
* Collect samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum from patients for testing and performs routine laboratory tests on samples.
* Disinfects equipment and supplies, using germicides.
* May inventory and requisition supplies as directed.
* May wash and dress bodies of deceased persons.
Qualifications* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
* Must be licensed as a Practical Nurse in the state of employment
* Demonstrated knowledge of nursing process, particularly as it relates to geriatric patients, long-term care and dementia patients
* Require mental maturity to deal with fast-paced environment and occasionally combative patients
* Demonstrated ability to communicate in English in order to understand, and plan and carry out resident care plans and treatments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.