This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Certified Nursing Assistant CNA
Mars, PA 16046
Posted 7 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Sign on bonus available!
CNA provides assistance to professional nursing staff in the care of residents/patients through performance of routine direct and indirect resident/patient care activities, according to established policies and procedures. Maintains resident/patient rights, privacy, and confidentiality. Promotes resident/patient acceptance of treatment goals and responds promptly to overall resident/patient needs.
- Assist resident/patient in all ADL's (activities of daily living) as scheduled/needed and in a timely manner, including bathing, dressing, grooming (hair, shaving, foot care, fingernails/toenails, makeup application as appropriate), toileting & catheter care, oral hygiene, ensuring out of bed activity.
- Must be available to receive report at beginning of shift.
- Assist resident/patient with meals, including feeding, and fluid intake to ensure proper nutrition is maintained, including passing and collecting food trays, filling and distributing water pitchers as needed.
- Assist with positioning, transfer and ambulation of resident/patient according to policy/procedure, using proper technique and mechanical devices as appropriate and/or ordered, including walkers, canes, crutches, braces, splints, lifts and chairs.
- Observe assigned residents/patients for comfort, safety and whereabouts at least hourly. Ensure call bells are functional and within resident/patient reach at all times.
- Take and record temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, input and output (I&O) treatment, height and weight as directed by nurse.
- Keep resident/patient skin surfaces clean and dry.
- Participate as interdisciplinary team member to develop and carry out care plan of resident/patient, assisting in rehabilitating resident/patient to their maximum potential.
- Maintain clean, safe, orderly resident/patient living area(s).
- Observe and immediately report changes in resident/patient condition and/or behavior to nurse.
- Document and review with nurse, as appropriate, all care provided to resident/patient during shift, accurately and before end of shift.
- Attend mandatory meetings.
- Must have received and have documented at least 12 inservice hours per evaluation year.
- Communicate customer concerns and assist with resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Must have passed the Certified Nurse Aide test as determined by the PA Department of Education.
- Current Pennsylvania State Nurse Aide Certification; Must be listed on state nurse aide registry and without allegations.
- Working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Word and Excel required.
Lutheran SeniorLife and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers.