This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse LPN
Ivins, UT 84738
Avalon Health Care
Posted 27 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Licensed Practical Nurse LPN
Southern Utah Veteran's Home in Ivins, UT is seeking a dependable, organized and dedicated Licensed Practical Nurses, LPNs, to join our outstanding team for NOC (night shift) positions!
Our warm and inviting facility is located in the gorgeous red-rocks of Ivins, Utah, where we serve those who have served us! Southern Utah Veteran's Home is the #1 ranked Skilled Nursing Facility in the country for the lowest re-hospitalization rate and has maintained a 5 Star Ranking Since opening in 2013. Join our team and help us continue making a difference today!
If you seek to use your mind and your heart to improve lives on a daily basis, come join our team! We offer great challenges, a rewarding career and opportunities for advancement!
Under the supervision of the registered nurse, advanced practice registered nurse, licensed physician or other health care provider authorized by the state; the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will participate in the development, implementation and modification of the comprehensive plan of care for facility residents. He/She will practice within the legal boundaries for practical nursing authorized by the state for the delivery of patient care and related services.
Candidates must have a current nursing license as well as a positive attitude!
- Must hold and maintain a current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in practicing state.
- Demonstrates understanding that state and Federal rules and regulations govern the practices within the facility.
- Ongoing pursuit of Continuing Education Credits in clinical subjects, management, personal growth and development.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of infection control principles and practices.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and positively with staff, residents and family members.
- Basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company software.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- IV Certification Highly Recommended.
- Food Handlers
- Must meet all local health regulation and pass post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.
- Recent clinical experience, education, or specialty skills specific to geriatrics.
Avalon Healthcare Management, Inc. is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Avalon is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Brenna Monsen, , .