LPN Clinic Nurse
Catonsville, MD 21228
Mosaic Community Services
LPN Clinic Nurse
Purpose fuels Passion…Make a difference in your community!
Mosaic Community Services is seeking a skilled LPN for our clinics in Catonsville and Timonium.
Mosaic Community Services is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization, is accredited by CARF, the recipient of an Award of Excellence for Maryland Nonprofits, and is part of the Sheppard Pratt Health System.
Founded in 1984, Mosaic Community Services is the largest non-profit provider of comprehensive community-based mental health and addictions services throughout Central Maryland.
Mosaic Community Services is devoted to its mission of enhancing the quality of life and promoting recovery to its clients by providing a person-centered, unified system of programs and services, such as mental health & addictions treatment, somatic health, supported housing, vocational services and more.
Come join our amazing network of skilled and knowledgeable healthcare professionals!
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for working with the clinical treatment teams in managing the mental, substance, and physical health of the members.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Performs all the duties related to the management of oral and injectable medications for members.
- Administers psychiatric injections.
- Provides patients with daily Suboxone dose and observes patients taking it.
- Performs duties related to the assessment, coordination, follow-up, tracking and documentation of medical care for members.
- Provides clinical expertise related to the management of psychiatric and medical crises.
- Provides assistance to On-Call staff including obtaining needed medications.
- Provides health education teaching/training to members and staff, including agency staff as needed.
- Performs all other direct job related duties as is assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Current Maryland license as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- At least 2 years experience in health services as an LPN, 1 of which must have been related to the provision of services relevant to mental health nursing and included medical-surgical experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of medical and psychiatric nursing care practice in the community, especially among underserved populations.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Weekend and evening hours as needed to assist On-Call.
- Basic computer skills to include knowledge of WORD, EXCEL, and ACCESS.
- Ability to maintain moderate to heavy physical activity to include walking (including stairs), lifting (charts, medical records), driving, and some outdoor activities. Additionally member contact may dictate assistance with lifting, lowering, or transfer of members to alternate physical positions.