CPR/First Aid Instructor
Minneapolis, MN 55407
American Red Cross
CPR/First Aid Instructor
The mission of the American Red Cross is to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We help increase the preparedness of our communities by offering courses in First Aid, CPR/AED, Babysitter's Training, Lifeguard Training, Certified Nurse Aid Training and other certification courses. American Red Cross Health and Safety instructors are an elite group of professionals who teach valuable lifesaving skills to 12 million people each year in businesses, schools and communities.
- Instruction: Teaches Red Cross Health and Safety courses within their current certifications to businesses and to the community. Confirms course at least 3-5 business days before the scheduled course. Must arrive to teaching site a minimum 30 minutes before class is to begin.
- Supply Chain/Logistics: Responsible for maintaining, managing and storing all assigned equipment, including storage at assigned work location and transporting equipment in personal vehicle. Responsible for re-ordering all necessary equipment at least once per month and maintaining and managing an active inventory of supplies at all times. Instructors are responsible for transporting, loading/unloading, carrying and/or lifting equipment as necessary at assigned teaching locations. At conclusion of class, is responsible for the cleaning equipment according to established decontamination guidelines and reporting any maintenance issues to the appropriate logistics staff member.
- Quality Assurance: Responsible for applying quality assurance and control programs. Integrates quality improvement activities and measures in overall service provision. Ensures that the proper safety measures are in place to protect customers and staff who participate in the training activities.
- Resource Management: Responsible for efficient and effective use of resources. Adheres to the financial and registration policy regarding unregistered students in Community classes.
- Availability:Commit to a fixed availability schedule within the scheduling software, Skedulo to meet teaching needs of the territory.
- Communications/Reporting: Engages in regular communications with Training Specialist regarding course updates and latest changes to products/services. Actively submits unavailability requests, as necessary, in Skedulo when not available to be assigned to classes. Submits training activity and other course related records according to standard timelines. Where applicable, training and course-related records must be submitted electronically using the American Red Cross web-based learning center. The instructor is required to use the corporate email account (@Redcross.org) issued to him/her upon hire, for all American Red Cross related correspondence.
- Personnel Management: When an instructor's certification is at the level of an Instructor Trainer, they may mentor or coach other instructors as a part of new instructor orientation or during instructor remediation provide supervision to instructors to ensure high quality delivery of services and products.
- Additional duties may include the following: Participation during Town Hall Meetings, quarterly In- Service Training, Product updates, training requirement, certification classes and approved development training. In addition instructors may need to perform light logistics such as restocking of equipment. This activity must be pre-approved by Training Specialist.
Education:High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).Current certification to be an instructor in discipline is desired. Additional training and certification will be provided to qualified candidate after hire through American Red Cross Health & Safety Service courses. Once certified, the instructor must maintain current basic and instructor level certifications for the courses they have been hired to teach.
Experience:Previous experience in education, adult training or service industry preferred. Basic computer and email skills and demonstrated ability to utilize MS Office programs
Comfort and experience in using audio-visual technology (computer/LCD, PowerPoint, etc.) for educational delivery.
Skills and Abilities:Must have strong presentation abilities and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate course material in a clear and understandable manner. Customer service orientation. Ability to teach effectively in an adult learning environment.
Other: Flexible schedule required during the day, evening or weekends.
Travel:Ability to travel regionally 50-75%. Current Driver's License preferred. Access to reliable transportation to training sites.
Essential Functions /Physical Requirements
"The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to use fingers to grasp, move and manipulate small objects. The employee must use the stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must have the ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand and understand the speech of another person. The work environment will consist of moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones and printers, light traffic). The employee must have the ability to work in a small cubicle and have the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. "
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.