Licensed Vocational Nurse
Driftwood, TX 78619
Licensed Vocational Nurse
Position: Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurses
Reports to: Director of Nursing
Hours: 7pm-7am (Graveyard)
Location: Driftwood Campus
Date Created: 11/20/2018
Reporting directly to the Director of Nursing, the Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN) provides direct client care and facilitates medical care while residents are in treatment. Under direct supervision and direction of the Director of Nursing, LVN/LPN will work within their entire scope of practice. The LVN/LPN will be fully accountable for ensuring that the utmost in competent care and safety is consistently delivered to all residents. LVN/LPNs are responsible and well-trained professionals that are able to give the best nursing care with little supervision. LVN/LPNs are compassionate and cool-tempered and able to follow health and safety guidelines faithfully and consistently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors resident's condition and assess their needs to provide the best possible treatment and advice.
- Observes and interprets resident's symptoms and communicates them to the Director of Nursing.
- Collaborate with the Director of Nursing to create individualized care plans for residents.
- Performs routine procedures (blood pressure measurements, administration of medication, administering injections, etc) and fill in residents' charts.
- Adjust, monitor and administer patient's medication and provide treatments per physician's orders.
- Inspect the facilities and act to maintain excellent hygiene and safety (decontaminating equipment, sanitizing surfaces, preparing beds, etc.)
- Provide first aid and medical care in emergencies.
- Foster a supportive and compassionate environment to care for residents.
- Expand knowledge and capabilities by attending educational workshops, conferences, etc.
- Has working knowledge of infection prevention and control program at Driftwood.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Analytical- The individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem Solving- The individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral Communication- The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts productive meetings.
- Quality Management- The individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment- The individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions.
- Safety and Security- The individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Proven experience as a Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse.
- Excellent knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of emergency care
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and procedures (sanitation, decontamination, etc.) and willingness to follow them consistently
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible and compassionate
- Outstanding organization and multi-tasking skills
- Patient with excellent problem-solving skills.
- 2+ years of nursing experience
- Minimum of one-year related work experience
- Experience working in a substance abuse treatment facility or behavioral healthcare a plus
- Valid LVN/LPN license
- Current CPR and First Aid certificate
- Current TB Test
- Valid Driver's License