Virginia Spine Institute
A VSI Medical Assistant is a talented health care professional who works as a part of our nationally recognized team to provide the highest quality care to our patients. The VSI Medical Assistant directly assists the physicians and physician assistants while keeping patient satisfaction a top priority.
- The ideal candidate must possess superior customer service skills and enjoy being a part of a dynamic team; must be able to prioritize, multi-task and work at a fast-pace, all with a smile and a cheerful disposition. Words to best describe successful individuals in this role: strong work ethic, caring, empathetic, cooperative, supportive, service oriented ("How can I help you "), clear communicator, detail oriented.
- College degree is preferred.
- Training is provided.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist physicians and physician assistants with preparing patients for examinations and procedures.
- Escort patients to exam rooms, obtain and document patient history and chief complaint, and prepare them for office visit.
- Prepare all medication prescriptions, physical therapy orders, diagnostic testing orders, and others in accordance with physician's direction.
- Provide patient education with regards to office policies, medications, management of disease, home treatments and special diets using appropriate medical terminology as directed by the physician.
- Respond to patient phone calls and assist with their needs.
- Calling prescriptions in to the pharmacy for the physician.
- Obtain any necessary insurance authorizations for patient's treatment.
- Exhibit appropriate and professional legal and ethical conduct.
- Maintain supplies, equipment, stocking, and sterilizing instruments ensuring work cores and patient rooms are presentable.
- Practicing OSHA safety standards.
- Acquire data from patients for studies in which they may be enrolled
- Other duties as assigned