Licensed Practical Nurse
Readville, MA 02137
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Licensed Practical Nurse
Part-Time Licensed Practical Nurse, 24 hours per week (with Benefits). Hours are 3: 8-hour shifts on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. 2 days/1 evening per week. Rotating Saturday shift coverage required.
Bowdoin Street Health Center located in Dorchester, MA provides primary specialty services to a culturally and linguistically diverse population. Bowdoin Street is a NCQA recognized patient centered medical home and provides team based care which includes nursing care management for our highest risk patients. Nurse care managers support the medical home teams and provide education, support, transitional and long term care management. Populations include those with chronic, unstable disease conditions. *Pediatrics Experience Preferred *
Job Summary: The BIDMC Nursing Mission is to build on a legacy of nursing excellence by caring with compassion, advancing the art & science of nursing, and advocating for the health of patients, families, and communities. The LPN works in collaboration within the healthcare team. The LPN contributes to and implements the plan of care as defined by the patient's care team within an ambulatory setting. Works with nursing and practice/medical assistant staff to ensure efficient and effective patient care. Functions in accordance with philosophy, standards, and policies established by the hospital and nursing department. Training, evaluation and competencies for this role are overseen by a Nurse Leader to the department.
- Implements plan of care. Administers various types of medications to patients as directed by clinical staff. Evaluates and documents response appropriately. Immediately reports adverse effects to clinical staff. Assists in procedures or treatments as appropriate
- Participates in administrative patient care functions including follow-up phone calls and scheduling of appointments. Assists in scheduling patients for routine and/or urgent appointments. Assists in the completion of preauthorization forms, prescription renewals or other forms requested by clinicians. Faxes information to appropriated sources.
- Participates in health teaching required by patients and families as determined by assessment and requested by clinicians. Maintains patient education materials in clinical area. Assists in patient teaching that is culturally, linguistically and educationally appropriate for the patient population.
- Assists in maintaining patient flow in clinic setting. Provides assistance to practice/medical assistant staff to ensure timely and efficient flow. Evaluates and prioritizes care according to patient needs. Alerts clinician to patients requiring immediate care. Works with registration staff in the management of walk-ins or rebooking of cancellations.
- Functions as part of health care team. Works cooperatively with registered nurses and practice/medical assistant staff to ensure that all patient care needs are met. Attends and participates in staff meetings and contributes to problem identification and resolution.
- Vocational or Technical training in Nursing from a professional accredited Practical Nursing Program required.
- License Licensed Practical Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Must have interpersonal skill to interact with patients and families in a multi-cultural setting.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.