Margate, FL 33063
DaVita Medical Group
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
The Medical Assistant reports to the Center Administrator and provides routine patient care within his/her level of training and functions under the direction/guidance of the clinical supervisor and the physician in accordance with relevant state statutes.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including quality and care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner, following all Company policies and procedures.
- Uses, protects, and discloses DaVita Medical Group patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Ability to obtain CPR certification within 90 days of employment (Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross).
- Working knowledge of basic Medical Assistant principles and practices.
- Greets patients in courteous and polite manner.
- Under direction and supervision of physician, administers immunizations, EKGs, ear washes, and other patient services. Assists in simple office and minor surgical procedures. Assists with the education of the patient and/or family as directed by the physician. Contacts patients as needed to give testing results instructions from the physician and scheduling of necessary visits. Conducts all front office functions as requested.
- Answers telephone inquiries and triage calls.
- Maintains patient medical records in accordance with Company policy and maintains proper assembly of medical records.
- Responsible for all laboratory duties including drawing, spinning, prepping blood for testing and maintaining appropriate logs.
- Maintains equipment and adequate stock levels of consumables in laboratory area.
- Acts as liaison between all independent lab services and the center.
- Monitors OSHA compliance of center laboratory.
- Enters all test requisitions and encounters in the computer.
- Performs venipuncture and administers medications as required under the direction of a physician.
- Strong phlebotomy skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have consistent, punctual and reliable attendance.
- Ability to travel may be required.
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross).
- Completion of one of the following:
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program with a valid MA school, or
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), or
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA).
- 2 or more years of relevant back office, clinical experience required for those without an accredited Medical Assistant diploma or RMA or CMA designation.
- CMA or RMA will be considered in lieu of experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Ability to evaluate patient needs, administer prescribed medications, assist physician with examinations and treatment, prepare and apply dressings, and instruct patients in health measures and self-care as instructed by the physician.
- Ability to document and report findings and observations.
- Ability to perform EKGs.
- Ability to provide on-site emergency treatment within scope of practice.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to interact and verbally communicate effectively with patients and all levels of personnel in a professional, courteous and effective manner with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi- task in a high paced environment with good organizational skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and to work with general guidance.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and maintenance.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to read, speak, write, and understand the English language fluently.
What's the first thing that happens when one of the leading independent medical groups in the country comes together with a global leader in health care? Opportunity. With DaVita Medical Group, HealthCare Partners, The Everett Clinic, Northwest Physicians Network, MountainView Medical Group and Magan Medical Clinic joining OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, people like you will find increasing levels of challenge, impact and professional success. We're changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment. Are you with us? Learn more about this exciting opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Careers with OptumCare. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. OptumCare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.