Certified Medical Assistant
Frederick, MD 21703
Ultimate Staffing is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant for a client in Frederick, MD. This is an excellent Temp to Hire opportunity. Must be able to work both first and second shift.
SUMMARY: Responsible for providing outstanding customer service for patients in collaboration with other clinical staff/clinician in compliance with the organization's clinical policy and procedure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time):
- Greet patients, families and visitors promptly and professionally.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients, keeping patient areas clean and appropriately stocked.
- Interview patient, measure vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height) and record information on patients chart (electronic health record).
- Assist clinical staff/clinician during patient visit.
- Perform lab work as required or as appropriately trained.
- Perform all lab testing follow-up including result analysis and patient call back
- Update providers frequently on patient status and activity so those awaiting procedures are processed efficiently
- Update all staff on the status of patient flow so the need for additional personnel can be assessed quickly, and appropriate scheduling maintained to reduce patients' wait times
- Field patient calls as needed
- Supervise all clinical activities performed on site
- Maintain and organize all instruments, drugs, equipment and supplies
- Prepare dressings, administer medication, perform treatments, perform lab procedures and splint as directed by the provider
- Prepare and administer vaccines, medications and nebulizer treatments as directed by the provider
- Sterilize instruments.
- Ensure autoclave cleaning and maintenance.
- Practice effective infection control practices and policies
- Perform calibrations and other quality control tests on laboratory equipment
- Ensure all lab tests are performed and results are charted according to protocol
- Call patients notated for nurse "call back,' according to "call back protocol.' Notate patient's chart (electronic health record)
- Attend all department, management, special project meetings and training.
- Comply with HIPAA regulations to maintain patient's right to privacy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.