Certified Medication Technician
Mount Airy, MD 21771
Lorien Mt. Airy
- Lorien Mount. Airy is Hiring!
- Lorien Health Services is a family-owned nursing home, rehabilitation, and assisted living company. Our Mt. Airy location is seeking genuine, motivated, and caring MedTechs to become a part of the Lorien family. We have new, competitive rates and are currently in need of an experienced Certified Medication Technician for a FT 11p-7a position, as well as a PT/PRN 3p-11p position every other weekend. Come join our team and see what you have been missing.
- Administering prescribed medications to patients and maintaining related medical records under the supervision of a nurse.
- General duties include verifying identity of the resident receiving medication and record the name of the drug, dosage, and time of administration on specified forms or records.
- Present medication to the resident and observe ingestion or other application, or administer medication, using specified procedures.
- Taking vital signs or observing the resident to detect response(s) to specified types of medications and prepare report or notify the designated personnel of unexpected reactions.
- Documenting the reasons prescribed drugs are not administered.
- May receive supply of ordered medications and apportion, mix, or assemble drugs for administration to resident.
- May record and restock medication inventories.
- An unencumbered certification or license with the Maryland Board of Nursing authorizing eligibility to work in a Maryland Long-term care facility is required.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- The ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- The ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- GNA preferred but not required
- Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Fixed and Floating Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Discounted Services at Turf Valley
Lorien Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.