Burnsville, MN 55337
The Rivers | Assisted Living
Do you love what you do, but not where you’re doing it?
Are you looking for an opportunity to advance in your career with a growing organization?
Do you thrive in an environment where meaningful work happens every day?
Interested? Keep reading!
The Rivers, an Independent, Assisting Living and Memory Care community nestled into the River Hills community in Burnsville, Minnesota, is looking for caring, fun and energetic Nursing Assistant (NA) to join our team! As a Transforming Age community, the Rivers is comprised of dedicated and caring people who have a strong desire to enrich the lives of older adults and our team members.
Why The Rivers?
- Work/Life Balance: We have multiple shifts and flexible schedules
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits: We have the benefits you’re looking for as well as other unique perks for full-time, part-time and on-call team members
- A culture of FUN and commitment to the care of our residents, our communities and each other
- Your opinion matters: We share ideas, we listen and work together to make great things happen
What does our Nursing Assistant (NA) do?
- Have a FUN, outgoing personality, possess an eagerness to do amazing work and collaborate with their fellow team members to ensure top-notch care for our residents and their families
- Assist all residents/clients with a high quality of personal care, including but not limited to; bathing, dressing, grooming, shaving, incontinent care, foot care, vital signs, height and weight checks per policy.
- Make all beds as needed in AM, turn down as needed in PM, strip beds once each week or PRN.
- Wash residents' personal laundry and linens as needed
- Assist residents with meals
- Utilize on an ongoing basis, all aspects of special programs offered by the community.
- Assist with medication management
- Follow through with all assignments on a timely basis in accordance to chain of command when Director of Health Services is not on duty
- Report to Director of Health Services all unusual behavior of residents or safety issues
- Review station bulletin board per shift for Special Needs Sheet and/or any other pertinent information
- Provide activities as planned and/or directed
- Respond to all call lights and emergencies in a timely manner
- Provide emergency care within scope of practice
- Are familiar with and enforce as appropriate all community policies
- Promote the Mission, Vision and Values of Transforming Age in all areas of responsibility
What we're looking for from you:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent plus additional specialized training
Certification: Current CPR/First Aid certification preferred
Experience: Previous experience in a senior living community or hospitality setting is not required, but is highly desired!
Excellent Attitude: An upbeat, fun, outgoing personality and can-do attitude
Superb Communication: Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
Team-work: Possess superb interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well and collaboratively with team members and external constituents
Customer Service: Be passionate about providing exceptional service to residents, team members and visitors to our community
At the Rivers, we care deeply about our mission and commitment to providing exceptional care to our residents. That is why we are a drug and alcohol-free employer. Criminal background and drug test will be required upon a contingent offer of employment.
We are excited to hear from you! Come join us and help us fulfill our vision to Transform the Perception of Age.