This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Memory Care Personal Care Aide (PCA) - Med-Tech Combo
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Carlton Senior Living
Posted 21 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
We are looking for applicants with Friday-Monday NOC availability.
We are currently hiring for Full Time and Part Time positions.:
Carlton Senior Living, Poets Corner is a dedicated Memory Care, caring for residents living with dementia.:
Carlton Senior Living is looking for exceptional candidates to help our senior residents live their lives to the fullest. At Carlton, we believe that offering love, honor and care to our associates, translates to their love, honor and care for our residents and their families. Whether you have experience as a Personal Caregiver, Personal Care Aide, CNA, Home Health Aide, or simply wish to gain experience with the senior population, we would love to meet you!
Skills required to successfully perform the duties of a Personal Care Aide/Med-Tech in Memory Care:
* Assist residents with Activities of Daily Living (including, but not limited to: dressing, changing,
* Assisting with continence care, escorting, bathing, etc).
* Support residents diagnosed with dementia (including, but not limited to: re-directing to promote engagement, encouraging proper nutrient intake, engaging residents in socialization, aiding support when residents display difficult or challenging behaviors).
* Encourage residents in social activities; accompany residents on outings; create a positive, comfortable environment for our residents and families.
Other requirements of our Personal Care Aides/Med Tech include:
* Pour and assist residents with medications according to Physician orders, Medication Training, and Company policies and procedures.
* Follow "Medication Training" policies and procedures regarding infection control, standard precautions, biohazard waste, sharps management and disposal.
* Fax new orders to pharmacy following Company policies and procedures.
* Communicate to Physician, Pharmacist, Family, and Direct Supervisor if resident misses any scheduled doses of medication.
* Document immediately when medication is given to resident.
* Re-order medications following Company policies and procedures.
* Observe and immediately report any changes in resident condition following the "Medication Training" policies and procedures.
* Document immediately when a resident receives a PRN medication.
* Keep medication room and cart clean and orderly at all times.
* Complete all documentation on a new resident for the medication program.
* Log in all medication deliveries on the resident's Centrally Stored sheet.
* Keep medication room, cart, cupboards, and records locked when not in use.
* Destroy medications following Company policies and procedures.
* Count the narcotics following Company policies and procedures.
* File appropriate paperwork in resident's charts.
* Assist Medication Manager with reviewing current Medication Assistance Records (MAR's) to the next month's MAR's for any changes.
* Assist Medication Manager with investigation on any concerns from resident or family regarding medications.
* Verify the resident's medications prior to dispensation with the resident's physician and every six months thereafter in order to provide the best service and make sure the resident is taking the proper dosages and the proper medication. Ensure residents do not run out of medications at any time. Record any medication changes per doctor's orders in all the proper documents as specified in Medication Procedures and Company Policies. Ensure accuracy of MAR and immediately report concerns to Manager. In both roles, understands all emergency protocols, responds to emergencies as directed by Supervisor and per Community training. In both roles, treat residents with dignity and respect. Provide privacy during personal care
* Bending, lifting, stooping, standing and/or walking an average of 7 hours per day.
* Passing a DOJ background clearance, receiving a health screening, and obtaining a negative TB test (all provided by community).
* Minimum high school diploma or GED, or equivalent experience.