This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN)
Fort Myers, FL 33906
Posted 20 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Under direct supervision of Assistant Program Manager, Health Services Administrator or higher licensed medical professional, the Licensed Vocational or Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN) participates in the patient plan of care by administering medications to patients, within scope, following written/oral instructions, and communicating and maintaining accurate patient records.
**Education for Licensed Practical Nurse:**
+ High school and specialized training for licensing/certification(s)
**Experience for Licensed Practical Nurse:**
+ Basic knowledge of all medications being dispensed
**Licenses/Certifications for Licensed Practical Nurse:**
+ Current (and must maintain) unrestricted LVN/LPN license, certification or registration in state of practice
+ Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS certification through AHA
+ Current (and must maintain) security clearance
1. Perform nursing procedures according to standards of care and within scope of practice as dictated by the state LVN licensing board, such as:o Aseptic and sterile dressing changeso Isolation precautionso Administration of O2 therapy and nebulizer treatmentso Perform prescribed or routine skin testingo Collection of specimens for laboratory studies such as clean catch urine, venipuncture, straight catheterization for urine collection, throat culture, sputum specimens, and stool specimenso Laboratory testing: such as blood glucose with visual or meter interpretation, interpretation of skin testing results, dipsticks urine, guaiac/hemoculture studies, urine specific gravityo Collect patient database: vital signs, vision screening, height/weight, abdominal girtho Recognize and respond appropriately to emergency situations and effectively intervening with emergency equipment, supplies, and materialo Participate in patient and family health education as deemed necessary by health care providers
2. Maintains open lines of communication with RN, MD, or NP/PA as it relates to the persons served health needs with the medical and facility staff while maintaining confidentiality including any significant observations and patient response to care
3. Transcribes doctor's orders as necessary and ensure orders are processed and comprehended with pharmacy and non-licensed staff
4. In accordance with documented policies and procedures, prepare and administer (PO, Sub Q, IM, SL, PR, and topical) ordered medications to persons served housed in each facility and report significant findings and observations to the MD, PA/FNP, RN, or psychiatrist
5. Maintain and manage accuracy of all medical records of persons served to include MARs, observations, interventions and plans
6. Know the use of all medical equipment including Trauma Bag/AED's and oxygen tanks
7. Keep pharmacy and medication carts neat, clean and stocked at all times
8. May assist in the job shadow portion of the interview process, orientation and training of new and potential staff
9. Responsible for the performance evaluations and successful training of direct reports
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Not ready to apply Connect with us to be the first to hear about new opportunities
Joining our Talent Community will enhance your job search and application process.
• Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
• Receive relevant communications and updates from Wellpath.
• Share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email
So,to Join our Talent Community today!
**Location** _FL, Fort Myers_
**Facility** _Lee County Main Jail and Core Jail_
**Recruiter** _Mark Davis_