This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Medical Assistant (Mission Viejo, $3,000.00k sign-on bonus)
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
Posted 21 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Mission Heritage Medical Group, a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health is calling for a Medical Assistant (MA) who will provide high quality patient care under the direction of the physician and/or provider. In this position, you will foster meaningful relationships with healthcare professionals within the clinic setting as well as be a critical part of impacting patient care and their experience. At Mission Heritage Medical Group, we strive to know our patients, care for them and ease their way. If this excites you and aligns with your well-being, apply with us!
**Schedule** : Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
$3,000 Sign-on Bonus Included!
**Essential Functions** :
• Rooms patients utilizing best practice MA workflow and maintains patient flow per schedule
• Documents patient information collected, care given and treatments provided as well as charges in a clear and concise manner in EMR.
• Anticipates patient care needs and consults with provider as needed
• Maintains current knowledge of clinical policies and procedures
• Adheres to all safety standards including but not limited to, equipment maintenance, infection control, universal precautions and use of personal protective equipment as needed for all patient-care procedures
• Organizes, stocks and maintains an orderly, clean and uncluttered work area, including but not limited to exam rooms, procedure rooms and patient care areas
• Assists with procedures and administers medications within the MA scope of practice and per provider order
• Submits authorization requests electronically as needed for continuing care referrals and submits relevant documentation to insurance carriers for medication prior authorizations
• Answers incoming telephone calls from patients, physicians and health care providers, relaying information as allowed within scope of practice; tasking providers with messages as appropriate.
• All other duties as assigned
**Minimum Position Qualifications** :
**Education** : High school diploma or GED and Graduate of a State recognized vocational school or equivalent.
**Licensure/Certification** : MA Diploma and active CPR/BLS Certificate
**Experience** : Two (2) years of experience as a Back Office Medical Assistant in an ambulatory care facility or medical group practice.
**Computer Skills** : Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Windows are required.
**Preferred Position Additional Qualifications** :
**Computer Skills** : EMR and/or Practice Management (electronic scheduling module) scheduling experience preferred.
**Other** : Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills.
St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, SJHH has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values.St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare
Category: Health Care