This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Personal Care Aide (PCA) - Med-Tech Combo
El Macero, CA 95618
Carlton Senior Living
Posted 20 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsible for the distribution of medication to residents according to the written instructionsprovided by physicians; and provide support services to residents based on their Personal Service Plan and the assistance they require with activities such as the Activities of Daily Living
Essential Duties and responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.:
* Pour and assist residents with medications according to Physician orders, Medication Training,and Company policies and procedures.
* Follow "Medication Training" policies and procedures regarding infection control, standard precautions, biohazard waste, sharps management and disposal.
* Fax new orders to pharmacy following Company policies and procedures.
* Communicate to Physician, Pharmacist, Family, and Direct Supervisor if resident misses anyscheduled doses of medication.
* Document immediately when medication is given to resident.
* Re-order medications following Company policies and procedures.
* Observe and immediately report any changes in resident condition following the "Medication Training" policies and procedures.
* Document immediately when a resident receives a PRN medication.
* Keep medication room and cart clean and orderly at all times.
* Complete all documentation on a new resident for the medication program.
* Log in all medication deliveries on the resident's Centrally Stored sheet.
* Keep medication room, cart, cupboards, and records locked when not in use.
* Destroy medications following Company policies and procedures.
* Count the narcotics following Company policies and procedures.
* File appropriate paperwork in resident's charts.
* Assist Medication Manager with reviewing current Medication Assistance Records (MAR's) to thenext month's MAR's for any changes.
* Assist Medication Manager with investigation on any concerns from resident or family regardingmedications.
* Verify the resident's medications prior to dispensation with the resident's physician and every six months thereafter in order to provide the best service and make sure the resident is taking theproper dosages and the proper medication.
* Ensure residents do not run out of medications at any time.
* Record any medication changes per doctor's orders in all the proper documents as specified inMedication Procedures and Company Policies.
* Ensure accuracy of MAR and immediately report concerns to Manager.
* In both roles, understands all emergency protocols, responds to emergencies as directed bySupervisor and per Community training.
* In both roles, treat residents with dignity and respect. Provide privacy during personal care
* Communication Skills
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
* Interact well with our Carlton Family - residents, family members, all staff members, future residents.
* Reasoning Ability
* Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions.
* Education and Experience
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* One to three months related experience and/or training
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* According to Title 22 requirements, employee must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
* Certificates, License, Registration
* Current First Aid Certification (obtained through community)
* DOJ and FBI fingerprint clearance must be completed prior to working in community (obtained through community)
* Health screening and negative TB test, must be less than six (6) months old. (obtained through community)