This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Medical Assistant, Cocoa Beach OB GYN, Part Time
Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
Posted 21 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by: assisting in medical care of patients and supporting front desk functions as needed under the direction of the providers, clinical associates or operational leadership.
* Accurately prepares and performs point of care testing such as urine dipstick, blood glucose, etc. as directed by LPN, RN or provider.
* Administers all medications as ordered and assures all documentation is noted. Controlled substances, insulin and allergy doses must be checked by LPN, RN or provider.
* Knowledge regarding location of emergency equipment/supplies and how to use such equipment/supplies.
* Familiar with the Health First Emergency Kardex and responsibilities as a Health First Associate.
* Appropriately performs patient clinical intake, assists other clinical providers with office procedures, and accurately documents patient data.
* Administers injections that are ordered.
* Answers internal and external customer inquiries, directing messages to the appropriate individuals.
* Demonstrates and maintains working knowledge of front desk procedures and assists in these functions when dictated by workload.
* Communicates effectively with customers (patients, physicians, and other Health First Associates) practicing excellent customer relation skills at all times while organizing and directing daily medical assistant functions.
* Ensures that all exam rooms and equipment are stocked, cleaned, and ready for the next patient.
* Mentors co-workers and students.
* Able to assist patients with scheduling questions by accessing the scheduling system and ability to print needed information.
* Provides patient follow up and education to ensure patient's participation in their care.
* Identifies and addresses informal complaints of patients or employees and refers formal issues to immediate supervisors or appropriate departmental directors.
* Provides a communication channel for Practice Manager and other departments.
* Communicates effectively both verbally and written with physicians, supervisors, co-workers, patients and vendors.
* Coordinates medical supply ordering with site manager.
* Utilizes supplies/equipment in a proficient and cost-effective manner when performing various procedures.
* Completes all required documentation and/or required forms.
* Demonstrates effective time management skills.
* Remains flexible and adaptable to changes in workflow, processes, etc.
* Accepts changes to the schedule or workflow based on patient volumes.
* Assists Site Manager with implementing and ensuring compliance with policies.
* Responsible for reporting to supervisor and/or appropriate departmental supervisor any technical, mechanical or electrical issues as well as suite maintenance needs or problems.
* Certification or licensure in a medical field required.
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Certified or Non-Certified Medical Assistant and LPN welcome to apply
* Ability to use and operate a computer.
* Good organizational and communication skills.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start date and maintain
AAMA AMT NCCT NHA RMA CMA
**Job:** **Medical Assistant*
**Organization:** **Health First Medical Group LLC*
**Title:** *Medical Assistant, Cocoa Beach OB GYN, Part Time*
**Location:** *Florida - Brevard County-Cocoa Beach*
**Requisition ID:** *040474*