This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Medical Assistant/X-Ray Tech (Part Time - Urgent Care - 12 hour shift)
Fullerton, CA 92832
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
Posted 22 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Job Summary: Primary job function is to assist the physician in providing patient care demonstrating our core values. The medical assistant will function within the appropriate scope of practice and reports to the back office lead / site management. Secondary primary function is to perform limited x-ray procedures to include chest, torso/skeletal, extremities and skull with accuracy and clarity on a daily basis.
1. Practices within the scope of education and training. Scope competencies identified on clinical orientation / competency evaluation. (See form.)
2. Performs assigned tasks appropriately and completely. Gives appropriate patient care, sets up procedures correctly, obtains complete patient information data (chief complaint/vital signs/allergies/medication updates/etc.), anticipates needs and assists providers appropriately.
3. Demonstrates initiative for self-improvement and completes required competencies.
4. Meets compliance standard for documentation. Documentation is pertinent, complete and legible.
5. Instructs patients / significant others in test requirements and physician orders.
6. Maintains a clean, functional work environment to include housekeeping, log maintenance and accurate supply par levels.
7. Demonstrates knowledge and use of ICD-9 coding, accurately completes all paperwork and has working knowledge of IDX.
8. Performs limited x-ray procedures correctly and accurately per physician order. Accountable for meeting limited x-ray II job description. (See limited x-ray II job description.)
1. Responds to patient emergencies as directed.
2. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Education: Must have a certificate of completion from an accredited school of training for medical assistants. Must have a certificate of completion from an accredited limited radiology program.
• Experience: Entry level medical assistant with less than two years of working experience as a medical assistant will be classified as a medical assistant level I. Medical assistant's with more than two years of working experience as a medical assistant will be classified as a medical assistant level II.
• Training: Training must be appropriate for specific position available. Example: pediatric background for a position in a pediatrician's office.
• License / Certification: Current BCLS (CPR) card. Maintain current limited x-ray tech certificate.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
2 years of work experience as a medical assistant
St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, SJHH has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values.St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare
Category: Health Care
Posted 2 weeks ago
San Juan Capistrano
Posted 1 weeks ago