This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Clinic - Medical Assistant
Chino, CA 91708
Posted 21 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Responsible for assisting physicians with patient care, clerical, environmental and organization tasks. Responsible for appointment scheduling and chart management. Provides Information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from the clinic services. Conveys a positive image of organization.
1. Checks schedule and organize patient flow.
2. Accompanies patients to exam/procedure room, assists patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.
3. Collects and documents patient history in patient chart, as well as pulls Past Medical History forward to current SOAP (Subjective, Objective, Assessment, Plan) note.
4. Performs screenings per provider guidelines. Obtains weight, age, TPR, blood pressure, and documents information in patient charts.
5. Assist physicians with various procedures as needed.
6. Charts patient information in an accurate and legible manner.
7. Relays information to patients/families in a friendly manner and in terms that they can understand.
8. Answers and returns calls in a timely manner and provide pertinent information.
9. Call in prescriptions, authorizes refills, and documents information on patient charts.
10. Completes required HCC and HEDIS documentation.
11 Requests, sends, and receives patient medical records.
12 Obtains lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.
13. Completes forms/requisitions in their entirety.
14. Verifies insurance eligibility and obtains authorizations.
15. Manages charts to ensure information is complete and filed appropriately.
16. Sets up instruments and equipment according to department protocol.
17. Cleans exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipments between patients to maintain infection control.
18. Cleans sterilizer according scheduled maintenance program and keep appropriate records.
19. Restocks exam/procedure rooms, checks for expired medications and supplies and discards as appropriate and per policy.
20. Maintains a clean/tidy and organized work area/station at all times.
21. Respects and promotes patient rights.
22. Shares problems related to patients and/or staff with immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
23 Provides any necessary instructions and/or directions in a polite manner.
24. Assures patients are seen by providers in a timely manner and/or informed of reason for delays.
25. Maintains problem list in patient medical record.
26. Updates patient medication list and allergies at every appointment.
27. Sends all packing slips back to Operations.
28 Maintains JBDev (timecards) accurately with little or no corrections.
29. Attends and maintains mandatory training in safe patient handling, trained in safe lifting techniques, includes but not limited to 1. Appropriate use of lifting devices and equipment, 2) Five areas of body exposure: vertical, lateral, bariatric repositioning and ambulation 3) Use of lifting devices to handle patients safely.
30. Responsibly completes all assigned work during scheduled shift without sacrificing quality of work and performs with no unscheduled overtime.
31. Coordinates work to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during the assigned shift. Strives to meet deadlines and complete necessary. Assists in admitting, assists other employees, works on on-going projects to use time to departments' best advantage.
32. Strives to adjust personal schedule (staying late, working weekends, or other shifts) as able and at the request of the Director in non-predictable situations of real department need e.g., increase in patient admissions, to accommodate other employees' paid time off, etc. Responds positively to changes in the work schedule as necessary.
33. Notifies supervisor when uncertain or unusual situations present themselves. Never makes impulsive or hasty decisions. Reports departmental concerns directly to supervisors, does not initiate nor facilitate gossip.
34. Reports to supervisor any suggestion for positive changes in admission policies, procedures, or forms.
35. Utilizes the National Patient Safety Goals in the work place as related to job performance. Demonstrates awareness of a safe environment for staff, patients, visitors, or any others on the unit.
36. Completes written documentation of patient complaints or patient compliments for the hospital.
37. Performs all other duties as requested or required.
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent or relevant experience required for new hires effective April 2014.
2. Medical Assistant Certification.
3. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current
4. Minimum one year work experience in public contact job.
5. Work experience in health care preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: eoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Name: Chino Valley Medical Center (CVMC)
Street: 5451 Walnut Ave
Post End Date: 11/22/2019