This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Medical Assistant (MA)
Auburn, CA 95603
Posted 22 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Under direct supervision and direction of the Health Services Administrator (HSA), Program Manager (PM), or higher licensed medical professional, the Medical Assistant provides direct and non-direct patient care, participating in the patient plan of care by administering a variety of duties in the areas of treatment to patients, laboratory, check in/out and within scope, following written/oral instructions, and communicating and maintaining accurate patient events records.
+ Completion of an approved Medical Assistance program
+ Previous correctional/detention facility experience preferred
+ Three (3) years' experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
+ Unrestricted Certification as a Medical Assistant, if required in assigned state
+ Phlebotomist certification
+ Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS and ACLS certification through AHA
+ Current (and must maintain) security clearance
1. Clinical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:o Prep exam roomso Vital Signso Assist practitioner with examinationo Administering treatmentso Performing EKG'so Obtain lab specimens (blood, stool, oral, culture) and perform on-site testing
2. Non-Clinical Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:o Answering phoneso Scheduling Appointmentso Check In/Outo Provide test results to patient per providers orderso Ordering and stocking medications and supplieso Clean and organize exam room and clinic
3. Passes medications and gives treatments according to physician orders and in accordance with CMGC policyo Oral, sublingual and buccal medicationso Eye medications except for eye medications to new post-operative eye clientso Ear medicationso Nasal medicationso Rectal medicationso Vaginal medicationso Skin ointments, topical medications including patches and transdermal medicationso Medications by gastrostomy and jejunotomy tubeso Premeasured medication delivered by Aerosol/Nebulizero Medications delivered by metered hand-held inhalers
4. Accurately, and in timely manner, documents medications and treatments in patient records
5. Reports patient condition changes to supervisor and notifies of medications needing to be refilled
6. Works within scope and ensures compliance with company policy and procedures and regulatory requirements, including blood-borne pathogens, hazardous materials, infection control, and safety
7. Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized medication cart and medication room.
8. May assist in the job shadow portion of the interview process of potential staff
9. May assist for orientation and training of new employees
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Not ready to apply Connect with us to be the first to hear about new opportunities
Joining our Talent Community will enhance your job search and application process.
• Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
• Receive relevant communications and updates from Wellpath.
• Share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email
So,to Join our Talent Community today!
**Location** _CA, Auburn_
**Facility** _Placer County Jail, Juvenile Hall, and South Placer Jail_
**Recruiter** _Ginny Ward_