Caregiver - Direct Care Staff
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
Divine House, Inc. is currently accepting applications for our Detroit Lakes sites. Full and Part-time positions available including every other weekend. Evenings and sleep overnight shifts as well. Also looking for an on-call position. Experience working with people with disabilities or background in medical field and experience helpful, but not necessary.
Similar Job Titles: Personal Care Aide, Certified Nurse Assistant, Human Service Technician
Duties could include:
- Administer bedside or personal care, such as ambulation or personal hygiene assistance.
- Prepare and maintain records of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor.
- Perform healthcare-related tasks, such as monitoring vital signs and medication, under the direction of registered nurses or physiotherapists.
- Participate in case reviews, consulting with the team caring for the client, to evaluate the client's needs and plan for continuing services.
- Care for individuals or families during periods of incapacitation, family disruption, or convalescence, providing companionship, personal care, or help in adjusting to new lifestyles.
- Perform housekeeping duties, such as cooking, cleaning, washing clothes or dishes, or running errands.
- Instruct or advise clients on issues such as household cleanliness, utilities, hygiene, nutrition, or infant care.
- Plan, shop for, or prepare nutritious meals or assist families in planning, shopping for, or preparing nutritious meals.
- Transport clients to locations outside the home, such as to physicians' offices or on outings, using a motor vehicle.
- Provide clients with communication assistance, typing their correspondence or obtaining information for them.