This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse (138116)
Cape Coral, FL 33990
Volunteers of America National Services
Posted 28 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Licensed Practical Nurse
The Licensed Practical Nurse shall perform in accordance with state and local laws and within the guidelines of his/her professional organization. All functions shall be performed in accordance with the established policies and practices of Agency and the particular institution in which the LPN is performing his/her duties. The LPN is qualified by education, training, experience and demonstrated abilities to give nursing care under the direction of a RN and to have the knowledge of the principles of psychological, biological and social sciences.
- Role models positive communication skills with NA/RS, HHA's, TMA's (if applicable), interdisciplinary team, customers, residents and families.
- Make rounds to residents to observe their physical and psychosocial status.
- Maintains competence in all required skills within the facility.
- Observes, records, and reports to supervisor regarding residents' conditions, reaction to drugs and treatments and significant events.
- Participates in resident care planning as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
- Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding monitoring of vital signs, weights, administration of medications and treatments.
- Makes physician calls to report resident change in condition and documents same.
- Keeps families updated on resident condition and documents same.
- Maintains all required documentation in an accurate and timely manner according to policies and procedures of the facility, including documentation of medications, treatments, restraints, psychotropic medications and skin condition.
- Accurately transcribes physician's orders as per facility protocol and forwards necessary information to other departments.
- Document and report all incidents, accidents that occur involving residents, visitors, and staff.
- Chart nurses' notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided as well as the resident response.
Gulf Coast Village is the premier Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) in Cape Coral, Florida. Independent Living offers an unparalleled lifestyle of comfort and convenience, with a rich array of services and amenities that are focused on living well. Of course the complete security of a full continuum of health care, if ever needed, is always available, including Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Specialized Memory Support, Home Health and Outpatient Services.
What We Are About & What We Expect:
Gulf Coast Village is dedicated to our Service Vision of providing Exceptional Care and World Class Hospitality. Our CARE Core Standards represent: Courtesy, Attention to Detail, Responsiveness, and Enthusiasm. We expect all of our team members to share in our dedication to our Service Vision and Core Standards.
What You Can Expect from Us:
Full Time Staff: Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending, Tuition Assistance, Paid Time Off (PTO)
Full and Part Time Staff: Employee Assistance Program, PTO, Funeral and Jury Duty Leave, Toll Bridge Reimbursement, Direct Deposit, Fitness Center, Blood Donor Program and Appreciation and Recognition Programs
More Than a Job:
Working here at Gulf Coast Village, our team has the opportunity to serve others. Having a mission, purpose and vision gives meaning to our lives. It provides a reason to go to work beyond a paycheck. We work together as a team in an environment that is challenging, rewarding and fun!
If you feel that you are a qualified applicant and want a rewarding position enhancing the lives of others and supporting our Service Vision, we invite you to consider this opportunity.
1. Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of practice.
2. Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
3. Ability to prioritize duties.
4. Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
5. Ability to understand residents' charts, doctor's orders, residents' plan of care, medication orders.
6. Must posses the ability to effectively gather clinical data in regards to resident status and condition.
7. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
Gulf Coast Village is an Equal Opportunity
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled Employer
Posted 1 weeks ago
Posted 1 weeks ago
Posted 1 weeks ago