Registered Nurse Manager Behavioral Health
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33321
Registered Nurse Manager Behavioral Health
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
University Hospital and Medical Center is a 317-bed acute care hospital offering a wide range of surgical and medical services Since opening in 1974, we have distinguished ourselves as a leader in breakthroughs in orthopedic care as well as joint replacement. We continue to build on this tradition in our Orthopedic and Spine Institute. Our Center for Behavioral Health offers inpatient child, adolescent, adult and geriatric services while our outpatient services include a Partial hospitalization program (PHP), Intensive outpatient program (IOP) and a 24 hour behavioral health support hotline. They are also a certified Baker Act receiving facility. University is licensed by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration and certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. Our family-friendly ER provides expert, compassionate care for patients of all ages and special accommodations for seniors. Other specialty services include a wound care center as well as comprehensive diagnostic services accredited in multiple modalities including pediatric CT imaging by the American College of Radiology.
We continue a proud tradition of providing high quality personalized care in our local community. Explore possibilities to join our team where colleagues are valued and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect, and dignity.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At University Hospital & Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
Student Loan Repayment*
Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
The RN Manager must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational needs, safety needs and related criteria appropriate to the age(s) of the patients served in the assigned position. As a Behavioral Health Registered Nurse (RN) some of your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Demonstrate awareness of and respect for patient/family/SO needs in relation to confidentiality, privacy, security, complaint resolution and spiritual and cultural needs.
- Understand the process for resolution of ethical issues and how to initiate an ethics consult and implements as needed.
- Evaluate behavioral observations/changes in patient status and coordinates and implements interventions with treatment team.
- Demonstrate responsibility of assessment and implementing Plan of Care based on assessments and patient care needs.
- Analyze information from initial assessments to identify discharge planning needs and incorporates into Care Plan.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in the performance of patient monitoring responsibilities in accordance with Department/Unit Standards and patient's orders.
- Assess patients for fall and/or injury risk and implements appropriate safety precautions.
- Demonstrate an ability to exercise independent judgment in time of need and emergency situations.
- Administer medication as per Hospital Policy and Procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of specific behavioral health disorders and treatment modalities for the specific patient population of the Department/Unit.
- Follow all Hospital Policies and Procedures related to the use of seclusion and/or restraint.
- Ensure continuity of care through accurate and consistent communication of patient information with other departments/staff.
- State of Florida Registered Nurse (RN) License required
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- 3 to 5 years Behavioral Health Management Experience Required
- Four (4) year Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN) Required
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: bsn, coronary, domiciliary, infusion, intensive care, mhb, neonatal, recovery, surgical, unit