Lab Medical Assistant
Lab Medical Assistant
Change lives. Starting with yours.
Join our community of care.
Want to bring your passion to work Want to make a real difference in patients' lives
LOOK NO FURTHER.
We're passionate about patients. We're leading the state of Florida towards better healthcare practices. And we're looking for amazing Lab Medical Assistants like you.
LOVE YOUR TEAM.
- A culture of collaboration: We work together closely, laugh together readily, and support each other earnestly.
- A network of support: Our operational and corporate support teams rally around you; allowing you to focus on what's most important - our patients.
BECOME YOUR BEST.
- Direct patient care: A chance to build long term relationships with your patients in a value based healthcare system.
- Active Leadership: Actively participate in our team approach to promoting quality patient care, excellent patient experiences, and creating a great place to work.
- Balance: Monday through Friday schedule; no mandatory nights or weekends.
Plus you'll get:
- A red carpet welcome: We offer a robust new teammate orientation program.
- Competitive benefits package: We offer a competitive salary with bonuses, paid time off, insurance, certification differentials, tuition reimbursement, scrubs, and more.
- Administer medications, administer immunizations and vaccinations, conduct pulmonary function testing, and manage the lab under the direction and supervision of physician.
- Performs venipucture under the direction of a physician or advance care practitioner.
- Responsible for all laboratory duties including drawing, spinning, prepping blood for testing and maintaining appropriate logs.
- Acts as liaison between all independent lab services and the center.
- Under direction and supervision of physician, this role may be called upon to assist with additional MA duties as needed. These can include: EKGs, ear lavages, rooming of patients, simple office and minor surgical procedures, education of the patient and/or family as directed by the physician, contacting patients as needed to give testing results instructions from the physician, and other patient services as needed.
- Consistently exhibit behavior that exemplifies our core values.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross).
- Completion of one of the following:
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program with a valid MA school, or
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), or
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA).
- Completion of a phlebotomy certification course.
Ready to begin your life's best work
Apply today at . We're proudly part of Optum.
COVID-19 Symptom Screening/Precautions
If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms, using the Protect Well mobile app, Interactive Voice Response, ( ie entering your symptoms via phone system) or another approved Optum Florida approved symptom screener. When in a Optum Florida building employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
COVID-19 Work Location Requirement: You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role.
Careers with Optum. Here s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you'll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life s best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.