Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Troy, NY 12182
Diamond Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Posted 9 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Diamond Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center - TITLE:
Certified Nursing Assistant GENEROUS SIGN-ON BONUS $3,000.00
Shift Charge Nurse or Team Leader
1. Performs direct personal care for facility residents and patients under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
2. Reports all changes in resident patient condition to a licensed nurse.
3. Performs all other tasks which are necessary for the efficient operation of a basic nursing unit as directed by the Team Nurse, Charge Nurse or Unit Manager.
4. Provides care, services, and communicates in a manner in which the employee would want to receive the same care, services, and communication.
1. High School Graduate preferred.
2. Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively.
3. Must be certified according to New York Health Department Regulations
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF POSITION:
Frequently lifts, pulls, pushes, reaches, during daily work routine. Stands, walks, sits and squats often during shift. Frequently lifts, transfers, and repositions residents and patients alone or with assist of personnel or mechanical lifting devices. Frequently lifts and carries equipment weighing 25 to 50 pounds. May push beds, carts, and other equipment.
May be subjected to physical aggression by residents and patients. Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs basic nursing care procedures following the assigned resident/patients comprehensive plan of care. Utilizes Nursing Assistant Care Sheets as a guide for the delivery of care.
2. Completes forms and assists with paper work.
3. Understands and complies with all facility policies and procedures
4. Demonstrates good safety judgment
Performs tasks/skills meeting specialized needs of Head Injury, Sub Acute and other patients/residents after education and with direction of immediate supervisor.
1. Has knowledge of and adheres to behavior plans for patients/residents.
2. Assists nurse in maintaining resident safety during seizure activity.
3. Maintains hip precautions with patients/residents during positioning and transfers.
4. Maintains total knee precautions with patients/residents during positioning and transfers.
5. Assist with positioning of patients on CPM machine and adheres to CPM schedule.
6. Maintains proper body alignment for patients in traction.'
7. Demonstrates ability to don prosthesis correctly.
8. Demonstrates ability to transfer and position patients/residents with hemiparesis per plan of care.
9. Able to recognize changes in mental/physical status of patients/residents and reports changes to charge nurse.
10. Demonstrates awareness and compliance to plan of care/schedule for patients/residents therapy/maintenance schedule and/or ambulation/ADL needs.
11. Demonstrates ability to apply anti-embolism stockings per care plan schedule.
12. Demonstrates ability to safely position, transfer and ambulate patients/residents with IV Therapy.
13. Demonstrates ability to position tube fed patients/residents with head of bed elevated and tubes not kinked or caught in equipment or under body.
14. Communicates effectively and in a respectful manner to patients/residents.
15. Performs daily orientation with patients/residents utilizing simple cognitive goals,
16. Organizes duties and responsibilities so that patients/residents needs and schedules are met on a consistent basis.
WE ARE OFFERING A SIGN ON BONUS and COMPETITIVE HOURLY RATES.