ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients face time during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Measures and records vital signs; records patient interview, history, and chief complaint.
- Prepares patients for examinations and performs routine screening tests; assists physician with exams; explain treatment procedures and physicians' instructions to patient.
- Phlebotomy and collection of other lab specimens; performs basic waived lab tests.
- Prepares and administers medications under physician supervision; changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and other first aid procedures; uses CPR skills when necessary.
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks and sterilizes instruments; practices OSHA safety standards; performs accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times.
- Processes patient phone messages, returning calls and routing them to other team members as appropriate; calls patients to obtain and relay pertinent information for the physician.
- Upon physician approval and authorization, calls in prescriptions to the pharmacy. Uses communication skills with appropriate medical terminology; and follows appropriate legal and ethical professional conduct; authorized individuals will use the ChenMed Rx system to support physician medication dispensing.
- This position requires 5-10% travel time.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and empathy towards our patients at all times.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members, including doctors, nurses, front desk staff, center managers, and market leaders.
- Mindset focused on solving problems for patients and achieving team goals. Knowledge of medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating phones, personal computer, software and other IT systems. Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow. Ability to act calmly in busy or stressful situations.
- This position may require some local travel to assist in covering other centers.
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entreprenuerial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
High school diploma or equivalent education (GED) required
Graduation from a nationally accredited Medical Assistant program OR comparable healthcare vocational training (i.e. foreign-trained physician, paramedic, etc.) required
A minimum of 1 year of work experience as a Medical Assistant, Patient Care Technician or similar in a hospital, medical clinic or comparable environment OR documented clinical rotation training can be substituted for work experience
BLS for Healthcare Providers required
Experience working with geriatric patients is a plus
EMR system experience preferred
Associated topics: bilingual, general practice, hospitalist, outpatient, physician md, physician md do, practice, practitioner, primary care, urgent care