LPN FT Floor Nurse 7A -7P
Posted 9 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
LPN FT Floor Nurse 7A -7P
Assists in nursing care for the patients/residents, and monitors the day-to-day nursing activities performed by assigned nursing assistants; within the scope of the assigned Unit, timeframe/shift, and assigned patient/resident care. Such responsibilitiesshould be performed in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations governing our nursing center, and as such may be directed by the Administrator, the Medical Director, the RN Charge Nurse, and/or the Director of Health Services to provide the appropriate care for our patients/residents.
- Provides care ensuring patient/resident safety
- Assists the Director of Health Services to coordinate the care planning/MDS process and committee meetings as necessary.
- Participates in patient screening and selection process as requested.
- Assists the Director of Health Services to monitor physician services (documentation and visits etc.) in accordance with current regulations.
- Assists the Director of Health Services in follow-up on consultant recommendations i.e.., pharmacy, dietary, etc.
- Provides demonstration as necessary for Nursing Assistants to perform job.
- Completes documentation procedures on patients/residents (appropriate use of forms, timelines, and Medicare documentation etc.)
- Directs work of the CNA and ensure that it is carried out timely and in accordance with the patient's established plan of care and reports to the RN Supervisor.
- Makes recommendations on hiring decisions.
- Reviews "Keep 'Em" survey to determine what is important to the newly hired CNA and review what the new CNA can expect from the Nurse-In-charge based on Commitment survey and four My Innerview questions
- Reinforces expectations to the CNA outlined in the job description.
- Makes assignments to CNA within the assigned hall.
- Provides feedback on job performance of the CNA as relating to the 90-day evaluation
- Delivers medications (setting up, rotating, charting, ordering, giving to patient etc.)
- Orders, maintains and uses of stock drugs.
- Administration and documentation of insulin.
- Use and delivery of PRN medications.
- Use and delivery of topical treatment application (eye, ear, nose, etc.).
- Use, delivery and documentation of narcotic medication.
- Receives drugs from pharmacy in accordance with established procedures.
- Application of sterile dressings.
- Delivers enemas ( S & S, and fleets)
- Insertion, irrigation and routine care of male/female catheters.
- Delivery of tube feedings (insertion, flushing, proper amounts etc.)
- Collection of lab specimens and interpreting results.
- IV implementation and administration.
- Seizure precautions and administration of IV medication during a seizure.
- Admits, discharges and transfers patients/residents as requested.
- Documentation and billing of supplies used.
- Sends patients/residents to the hospital as necessary.
- Provides information in support of corrective disciplinary action up to and including recommendation for termination
- Participates in grievance procedure in collaboration with the RN Charge Nurse.
- Responsible for ensuring "Tenet Time" is presented and discussed with all partners prior to and following all shifts.
- Exercises appropriate judgement when necessary regarding the behavior and job performance of the CNA according to established policies and procedures, and report action taken to the RN Supervisor.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or is a graduate of an accredited/approved LPN program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current, active and unrestricted Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure in state of practice.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Previous nursing experience in a long term care facility preferred. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Primary Location: North Carolina-Monroe
Shift: 1st Shift
Job Posting: Jan 20, 2021, 9:19:42 PM
More Monroe Jobs
Posted 1 week ago
Posted 3 weeks ago
$18.00 - $18.00 per hour