Medical Assistant - Jeannette, PA
Jeannette, PA 15644
Medical Assistant - Jeannette, PA
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients' expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what's really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The medical assistant is responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office and clinical staff. The successful Medical Assistant will have strong communication skills and a dedication to customer service and patient care.
- Complete provider orders per state and provider regulations
- Perform Clinical Intake with patients to include taking and recording vital signs and patient history
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals
- Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks daily
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
- Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure rooms
- Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper storage of biohazards
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to protocol
- Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- HighSchool Diploma or GED
- Completionof medical assistant training program and/or 3+ years of direct patient careexperience performing medical assistant clinical duties in an urgent care,physician practice, or emergency room setting
- Mustmeet all other state requirements by law, including but not limited to allstate requirements, and licenses, where applicable
- If required by state must maintain current certification from the Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or registration from the American Medical Technologists (AMT), or any other recognized certifying body approved by the Board
- You will be provisioned with appropriate PersonalProtective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patientsand members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptomsusing the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or asimilar UnitedHealth Group approved symptom screener prior to entering the worksite each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state andlocal masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building,employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannotbe attained
- Knowledgeof federal, state and local laws and regulations including OSHA and HIPAArequirements
- Knowledgeof computerized information systems (EMR) used in clinical management settings
- Priorexperience with employer health services (including urine drug screens, breathalcohol, DOT physicals, etc.)
- Directexperience with the following tasks:
- Clinicalintake, patient data collection
- Laboratoryspecimen collection (blood-draw/venipuncture, urine collection, point of caretesting, etc.)
- PerformingEKG testing
- Applicationof orthopedic devices, such as preformed splints
- Performingbasic wound care
- Reviewof basic instructions such as use of patient assistive devices (crutch fitting& walking)
OptumCareis committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they dobest: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative andbusiness support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practiceswhich are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physicianemployees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-makingand patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or controlthe practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of theirphysicians.
Diversitycreates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practicesare Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, maritalstatus, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCareand its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates arerequired to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
JobKeywords: Medical Assistant,Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant, MA, CMA, RMA,MedExpress, Jeannette, PA, Pennsylvania