Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Coraopolis, PA 15108
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Full-TimeJoin Our Team: Make a difference in the lives of incredible children. Join our team today! Overview:
It's finally 2021 and it's time for you to join our team at Pediatric Specialty Care in Hopewell, PA! We have an immediate need for a full-time, Licensed Practical Nurse- LPN on overnights.
Pediatric Specialty Care at Hopewell is currently seeking a full-time, overnight Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to a ssist in ensuring the general health and well-being of our residents by managing the daily clinical regimen of each resident and subacute patient.
Why join the PSC Family
- Better work/life balance with a 3-day, work week (12-hour shifts)
- Work in clean and safe enviroment
- Experience a niche type of pediatric care while working with multiple fields (Therapy, Respiratory, Social Work, etc)
- AMAZING KIDS!
- Leaderships that really cares and shows you in real time!
- Small, family atmosphere that builds a sense of purpose
These are unique times, so join a stable company who wants to help you succeed in your nursing career, while still balancing your life outside of work.
#readyforwork #lpn #practicalnurse #nursinglpn #lpnnurse #pediatricResponsibilities:
Day-to-Day tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Administer medications and skilled treatments to assigned residents
- Direct and monitor the personal care duties and nursing care procedures carried out by Nursing Technicians of the assigned team
- Assist Nursing Technicians with direct care of residents, as necessary
- Report to Nursing Supervisor, DON/ADON Unit Manager/Assistant Unit Manager, and/or Charge Nurse unusual symptoms, changes of condition, daily needs, and progress of residents
- Follow the Plan of Care for each resident, and monitor the performance of Nursing Technicians in carrying out the appropriate aspects of the care plan
- Receive controlled substances from the shift Supervisory Nurse and is responsible for all aspects of the storage and distribution of these medications; ensure proper and safe placement and use of medications stored in medication cart, stock medication cupboards, medication room refrigerator and narcotic cabinets
- Maintain documentation regarding the care plans of residents in the Focused Assessments, Nursing Notes, Medical Administration Records, Treatment Records and other required records
- Ensure that resident care standards are maintained in performance of duties, and that the rights of residents and preferences in care and treatment are respected
- Participate in Change-of-Shift Report and is responsible for bringing nursing personnel of next shift up-to-date about the care and needs of residents
- Provide observation of needs and resident care planning information as necessary and requested by nurses and other health care disciplines
- Participate in quality assurance programs upon request
- Telephone physicians for orders or updates
- Attend staff meetings and required or preferred in-service training
- Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care for residents or increase job productivity and satisfaction.
- Perform all job duties according to safety rules and practices required for this job position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility.
- Perform assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this job position, and for all staff members of this facility.
- Exhibit the highest level of customer service towards residents, staff and visitors.
- Perform other work tasks as assigned by the Nursing Supervisor, DON/ADON, Unit Manager/Assistant Unit Manager or Charge Nurse.
Credentials as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with a current state license required
- Minimum of 1 year nursing experience required
- Must be 18 years or older
Training and work experience in a pediatric setting preferred
- Long term care or hospital experience preferred
Ability to supervise and work well with other personnel required
Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others required
- Caring, respectful attitude towards residents required