This job posting is no longer active. Click here to see other jobs.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Media, PA 19091
Wesley Enhanced Living
Posted 6 weeks ago
Discuss pay at interview
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Do you aspire to enhance the lives of others while enjoying a positive work environment
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is dedicated to making a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. If you are looking for an inspiring and rewarding workplace, Wesley Enhanced Living is a great place to be!
Wesley Enhanced Living is a retirement community providing Independent Living, Personal Care, and Skilled Nursing services to senior adults. We are seeking individuals whose values align with Wesley Enhanced Living's values of Grace, Honor, and Integrity. Ideal candidates will be:
* Kind and Compassionate
* Honest and Trustworthy
* Committed to Moral and Ethical Principles
* Driven to Provide Enhanced Living to Our Residents
Wesley Enhanced Living is working to set a new paradigm in aging services by always doing the right thing and we need YOU to help us discover new ways to achieve this goal.
Discover the Art of Living and Working WEL
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) provides quality nursing care to geriatric residents; performs various resident care activities and other services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comforts of residents in a skilled nursing environment; implement specific procedures and programs; coordinate work within the department, as well as with other departments; report pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; respond to inquiries or requests for information; assist the immediate supervisor with tasks to support department operations.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Provide quality nursing care to residents in an environment which promotes their rights, dignity, freedom of choice, and their individuality as illustrated by the following:
* Provide individualized attention which encourages each resident's ability to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well being.
* Knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents and provide support to the resident according to the care plan. Contribute to the care planning process by providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information and observations of the residents' needs and preferences.
* Attend to the individual needs of residents which may include assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating, or other needs in keeping with the individuals' care requirements.
* Maintain the comfort, privacy, and dignity of each resident in the delivery of services to them. Interact with residents in a manner that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment.
* Fully understand all aspects of residents' rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Responsible for promptly reporting to the charge nurse or administrative staff incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violation of residents' rights.
* Assist in maintaining a safe, neat, and clean environment; report environmental deficiencies to the charge nurse such as lighting or equipment problems.
* Protect the personal belongings of each resident including eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing, memorabilia, etc. Promptly report missing items according to established policy and participate in efforts to locate missing items.
* Observe residents for changes in condition or behavior and promptly report these changes to appropriate licensed nursing personnel.
* Provide care that maintains each resident's skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears, and other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents, and applying moisturizers to fragile skin, etc.
* Answer residents' call bells promptly and courteously.
* Perform various tasks assigned by the charge nurse including vital signs, residents' weights, applying creams/ointments, collecting specimens, etc.
* Assist with orienting residents and their families to the nursing home upon admission and to the unit when transfers occur.
* Lift, move, and transport residents, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
* Communicate and interact effectively and tactfully with the resident, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors.
* Assist and escort residents for appointments such as beauty shop, activities, church services, etc. Participate in activities and functions as directed.
* Practice careful, efficient, and no-wasteful use of supplies and linen and follow established charge procedures for resident charge items.
* Complete certified nursing assistant records documenting care provided or other information in keeping with department policies.
* Perform all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated, and proper disposal of soiled materials.
* Walk extensively to and from various locations of the unit while making rounds and transport residents within the facility.
* Support an atmosphere which promotes a homelike environment.
* Respond to inquiries relating to his/her particular area or to requests from residents, visitors, other personnel, etc. within given time frames and within established policy.
Related Experience: Preferred 1 year CNA experience
Education or Degree Requirements: A high school diploma or equivalent; successful completion of a Pennsylvania state-approved Nursing Assistant Certification course or other education which meets state certification requirements
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations: Must hold current Nursing Assistant Certification in Pennsylvania
A Drug-Free Workplace . Equal Opportunity Employer