Shepherd's Staff In-home Care
205 Broadway St
Frederick, MD 21701
Our company is founded on core values — Respect • Compassion • Responsibility • Integrity • Professionalism.
These values form the basis of the way our professional caregivers interact with our clients. It's also the way our administrative and care staff members relate to each other. We treat our caregivers and our clients like family.
Our hiring process involves:
1. Screening to understand your experience level, training, licensing and your reasons for applying. All of this information is in your ReciproCare application.
2. An in-depth, in-person interview to learn your skills, successes, goals and motivations for working in home care.
3. Written skills demonstration exam.
Our services include assistance with daily activities, including personal hygiene, incontinence care, transfers, and ambulation, as well as light housekeeping tasks, meal preparation, incidental transportation, and memory care.
Who We Hire
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA)
- Home Health Aide (HHA)
- Certified Medication Technician (CMT)
- New Graduates
- Personal Care Aide (PCA)
What We Pay
- Hourly Rate: $10 - $12
- Daily Rate: $160 - $200
- Paid Bi-Weekly
Where We Work
We work all over Frederick County from Emmitsburg in the north to Damascus and Clarksburg (just over the Montgomery County line) in the south.
We work from Myersville in the west to Libertytown, New Windsor, and Union Bridge in the east. Some parts of Frederick County are rural. Most of our clients live in suburban communities.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Disability Insurance. Caregivers are eligible for supplemental benefits if working at least 20 hours/week upon 3 months of employment. Caregivers can participate in our Simple IRA with up to 3% employer match after one year of employment if making at $3,000 per year.
- End of Year party
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Public Recognition
- Overtime Pay. Ongoing educational opportunities.
Why Work For Us
We value training and provide an initial orientation, regular monthly in-service meetings, a Certified Companion Aide® program, and online training. We care about our caregivers and make every effort to ensure they have what they need to do a great job. We also have a care manager introduce caregivers when meeting a client for the first time.
Here is what our caregivers have said about working at Shepherd's Staff:
"I loved Shepherd's Staff training because it was hands on and I learn better as a visual learner."
"My supervisor is just very open and welcoming to me."
"The training covered issues that other agencies do not cover and provided additional work books and DVDs for further
"I had a financial problem and I communicated with Shepherd's Staff and she told me that I could have 8
hours of overtime each week."
We offer a friendly work environment and the opportunity to control your own hours. Shifts may range from two hours to 12 hours.
Weekend shifts and overnight shifts are available.