LPN - Jessup
Jessup, MD 20794
Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
Corizon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
Delivers quality care that is consistent within the scope of practice as outlined by the local state nurse practice act for Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses. Responsible for tasks, activities and functions as delegated and may make assignment of duties to others as defined in their state of practice act. Ensure that tasks, activities and functions assigned to others can safely be performed by the person receiving the assignment based on their educational preparation. Provides monitoring of tasks, activities and functions that are assigned to others to ensure proper understanding and completion.
- Contributes to the assessment of the health status of patients.
- Participates in the development and modification of a patient's plan of care.
- Performs delegated tasks, activities and functions that are consistent with prior educational preparation and within scope of practice.
- Provides direct basic care to assigned multiple clients within the structure of the healthcare program at their facility.
- Provides safe and effective nursing care and assumes responsibility for the care delivered.
- Implements patient education based on established teaching plans.
- Utilizes a problem solving approach as the basis for their decision making.
- Performs other nursing duties as assigned.
1. Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing program.
2. Currently licensed as a Practical Nurse in the state of employment.
3. Possesses an active CPR certification.
4. Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
5. Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
Employees must be able to perform the following:
1. Required to exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects including the human body.
2. Required to kneel, stoop, crouch and/or crawl occasionally. Frequent walking throughout site; to include walking up and down flights of stairs.
3. Must have and maintain sufficient strength, agility, and endurance to perform during stressful (physical, mental and emotional) situations encountered on the job.
4. Occasional running when responding to emergencies; must be able to perform BLS.
#RPOCorizon Health. Category: , Keywords: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)