Part Time CNAs - Part-time - Namaste Alzheimer Center
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
CHI Living Communities
Under the direct supervision of the nurse in charge, the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) performs the basic nursing duties to provide for the comfort, safety and hygiene needs of residents. The Certified Nursing Assistant assists residents in maintaining and possibly increasing their level of independence whenever possible.
Reports to: Unit Manger/Nurse Supervisor
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Provides/assists residents with hygiene needs.
- Provides/assists residents with bathing, showering, and dressing needs.
- Assists residents with hair care, nail care, oral hygiene (denture and mouth care), and shaving needs.
- Assists residents in meeting their hydration and nutritional needs.
- Prompts/assists residents, including wheelchair dependent, to the dining room for meals as appropriate.
- Serves meal trays to residents in their room promptly and efficiently.
- Assists/feeds residents when necessary.
- Responsible to see that nourishment/fluids are passed at the appropriate times.
- Measures I&O and meal information and records in EMR.
- Provides ice water to residents and refills pitchers as needed.
- Assists residents to attain or maintain their highest physical, mental, and psychosocial function.
- Reports to Charge Nurse upon arrival to determine plan of care for shift and gives report to Charge Nurse at end of shift.
- Assists with ambulation and/or transportation needs of resident.
- Encourages participation in facility's activities program.
- Reports changes in physical or mental functioning to Charge Nurse.
Job Type: Part-time
License: CNA (Preferred)