Lead Residential Direct Support Professional - Part Time 24 hours/1st and 3rd Shift
Escondido, CA 92027
Merakey is currently seeking Part Time Direct Support Professionals to join our IDD division in our Enhanced Behavior Support Homes (EBSH) program in Escondido, CA. The position follows a schedule of 24 hours per week.
- The Direct Support Professional (DSP) interacts with and supports the individual in a variety of potential settings, including community, family or individual homes and generic community settings, as well as Adult Training Facilities (ATF).
- The DSP provides personal care, instruction, guidance, mentoring, companionship and support, often across a 24-hour period, according to the individual's Person-Centered Plan/Individual Support Plan (ISP).
- The DSP provides a level of care that enhances the health, safety, dignity and contentment of every consumer served. Interact with individuals in a home-like setting along with the guidelines of an approved treatment plan.
- Provide assistance and training to individuals in the areas of personal care, communication, and social skill development.
- Assists, teaches, and monitors daily living activities including (but not limited to) personal hygiene, bathing, shaving, grooming, medications, laundry and room care.
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT OUR ENHANCED BEHAVIOR SUPPORT HOMES
The mission, vision and core values of Merakey align with those of a successful Enhanced Behavioral Support Home (EBSH) for individuals with high risk factors, involved with multiple systems. Merakey's mission is "enriching lives by providing exceptional services through an individualized approach", integrating the mission with our vision of "creating communities where everyone is empowered to take meaning steps toward reaching their fullest potential", and our core values of compassion, diversity, integrity, quality, safety and trust, build a foundation of holistic care for the people we support.
Merakey's philosophy for the EBSH program seeks to inspire hope of recovery, promote empowerment, self-determination, understanding, and coping skills for individuals allowing them to achieve their fullest potential. Merakey services assist individuals to develop, enhance, and/or retain: psychiatric stability, social competencies, personal adjustment and/or independent living competencies so they experience more success, satisfaction and integration in the environments of their choice and can function as independently as possible.
APPLY TODAY at: www.merakey.org/careers
Requisition Number: 49176
MERAKEY is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer