Georgia Patient Care Technician
Fort Oglethorpe, GA 30742
Fort Oglethorpe, GA
GA Emergency Department
The Patient Care Tech is a multi-skilled, non-licensed health care provider who provides direct patient care under the direction of a registered nurse or physician working within the department. Applies knowledge of growth and development to perform detailed assignments/interventions. Provides consistent care based on the changing physical and psychosocial needs, unique to the patient.
* Operate the following equipment: Computer, ultrasound Doppler, physiologic monitor, including BP, O2 saturation, intercom, telephone, compressor, O2 set-ups.
* Basic EKG form monitoring and operation of machine and the recognition of life-threatening dysrhythmias/subsequent care (attend dysrhythmia class only)
* Care of pre cardiac and vascular procedure patient which includes an overview of cardiac disease and procedural interventions, skin preps, and recognizing complication and any patient that come thru ED/CDU’s.
* Perform nursing care and duties delegated by Registered nurses
* Venipuncture, discontinuing INT’s
* Perform 12 lead EKG
* May enter the secured supply rooms to deliver or access supplies, equipment necessary to carry out the core functions of their job (oxygen, thermometers, etc.)
* Good telephone and communication skills
* Ability to adapt to changes in health care technology.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* “Other duties as assigned by management”
High school graduate or equivalent. Graduate of an approved Nursing Assistant Program/CNA or student nurse who has completed Fundamentals of Nursing. Prefers phlebotomy and 12 lead EKG TECH experience.
Licensure & Certifications
Current State Certification Certified Nursing Assistant or transcript of fundamental of Nursing completion and currently enrolled in a Nursing program
Active American Heart Association BLS
One year of hospital patient care experience, minimum of six months experience with cardiac/medical patients desired. Prefers phlebotomy and 12 lead EKG TECH experience.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0254175
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI Memorial