Licensed Practical Nurse
Bartlesville, OK 74003
Family Healthcare Clinic
Mission: The Family HealthCare Clinic is a non-profit family practice medical clinic that provides quality healthcare regardless of economic status and educational programs that empower the community we serve.
Position: Liscensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Job Summary: Provide direct patient care and healthcare services typically performed by an LPN, with daily supervision by a mid-level professional. Maintain standards of nursing practice and the following of best practice policies and procedures for nursing staff. This position reports to the Mid-level Provider, Medical Director, and the Executive Director.
LPN Summary of Essential job functions: Elements of job include but are not limited to:
- Obtain patient histories and conduct patient assessment
- Assist in keeping office, lab and exam rooms orderly and assuring smooth clinical operations.
- Utilizes good documentation and record keeping in electronic health records/charts
- Diligently updates and files EHR charts in a timely manner
- Conduct FHC procedural tasks and assist in clinical duties, and patient referrals to specialists/other physicians/diagnostic testing etc., keeping accurate timely logs
- Interprets physician's/mid-level practitioner's recommendations & explains and educates patients
- Dispenses required medications under direction of Provider/s
- Collects blood or other laboratory specimens and prepares them for further testing
- Educates and advises patients about contraception, STD's, nutrition, preventive health habits, chronic disease management, acute diagnosis, medications and other areas pertinent to patient outcomes
- May escort Provider and assist with exams
- Works with other clinical team members to review charts & follow up on abnormal results, keep tracking records according to protocol
- Obtain urine specimens and performs pregnancy tests, UA dip sticks, RPR, Hemoglobin, and Blood Glucose Screens
- Assist in follow-up contacts of patients concerning lab results and maintains accurate logs
- Provides direct patient care and assists with direct care given by other medical staff
- Provides training to new members of the nursing team when requested
- Ensures records/inventory of stored and secured medications and supplies are correct
- Participates in Post Clinic conferences with the Clinic Provider/s
- Participates in staff meetings
- Contact patients with abnormal lab/mammogram results and ensure proper follow up.
- Responsible for sanitizing equipment and lab area and exam rooms between patient visits
- Serves as a patient experience advocate by being a positive influence at all times when interacting with patients, visitors and colleagues
- Authorizes prescription refills as instructed by the provider
Leadership summary of essential job functions
- Compiles data and assists in preparing periodic reports as requested
- Participates in conducting performance evaluations
- Complete an accredited nursing program and be licensed in the State of Oklahoma as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Possession of a valid license
- Abilities required
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to interpret complex forms and directions
- Computer data entry skills
- Good Assessment skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Other Tasks Upon request
- May be asked to assist with certain tasks common to non-profit agencies related to fundraising efforts and events.
- May be asked to assist with certain tasks regarding cleanliness, sanitation and upkeep of the facility
- May be asked to assist with monthly Medicaid billing
Work for established community health clinic that is a United Way funded agency
If interested, contact Molly Collins, Executive Director, at or call .