Certified Medical Assistant (Per Diem)
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Functioning under the general supervision of the Director of Clinical Research Operations and the Medical Director (licensed caregiver), the Certified Medical Assistant (Per Diem CMA) will provide clinical and administrative support to clinical research coordinators, nurses, physicians and other allied health clinicians working in support of clinical trial needs. The CMA will be responsible for presenting non-medical clinical trial concepts and details to patients and fulfilling non-invasive clinical trial protocol assessments and procedures. The CMA will be a critical player on the study team that will be depended on for facilitating day-to-day operations in clinic to meet MACRO's clinical trial business needs. The CMA is expected to comply with all federal, state and local agencies including the FDA and the Institutional Review Board (IRB) when assisting with assigned clinical trials.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The CMA's essential duties will include:
• Performing non-invasive routine clinical services under the supervision of a licensed physician such as (but not limited to): venipuncture, subcutaneous injections, 12-lead EKGs, vitals, and other non-invasive routine clinical services.
• Conducting patient interviews, data collection and documentation in source worksheets/case report forms.
• Setting up examination rooms, cleaning and preparing for patient visits.
• Ordering, stocking and taking inventory of clinical and administrative supplies.
• Providing general administrative support and execute on other duties as assigned.
• Possessing minimum computer competency including working knowledge of Windows, basic Microsoft Word processing, Outlook calendaring, and on-line internet access.
• Handling multiple tasks frequently with short notices, timelines and prioritizing, organizing and completing these assignments/tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
• Working well both independently and collaboratively in a team setting.
The CMA may be tasked with assisting the CRC with other lab processing duties such as spinning blood samples, aliquoting serum/plasma samples, and assisting with preparing shipments of specimens.
At all times, the CMA will ensure compliance with federal, local and state agencies such as the FDA and IRB. This includes maintaining all research conduct using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines for which training will be provided on the job. Additionally, the CMA will be expected to maintain strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable laws.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program
• Valid active phlebotomy certification strongly preferred
• Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association preferred
• 1 year of directly related experience is preferred
• Previous work experience in an outpatient or physician's office is preferred