Certified Medical Assistant
Renton, WA 98057
Cedar River Clinics
Position: Certified Medical Assistant
Job Type: Health Care Office
Schedule: Full-time with Benefits (Must be available to work some Saturdays)
Primary Location: Renton, Washington
Salary: Hourly Position $16-$20 DOE starting
Req'd Travel: Yes, between Renton, Seattle, and Tacoma Clinics
Relocation Covered: No
To be considered for a position you must include a cover letter which includes:
- A statement of your view on being pro-choice
- A statement on specifically why you would like to work for Cedar River Clinics
Send cover letter, resume and three professional references via EMAIL, FAX or MAIL to:
Human Resources Administrator
Cedar River Clinics
263 Rainier Ave S #200,
Renton, WA 98057
Cedar River Clinics is seeking a self-motivated and dependable Medical Assistant. This position will work closely with Clients and staff. Successful candidate will perform direct patient care in abortion and/or well woman/LGTBQ clinics; assisting clients and/or physicians; must show the ability to react with appropriate level of urgency to situations and events that require quick response; efficiently solve difficult or complex problems that affect client and/or clinic care.
Summary of Major Responsibilities:
- Prepare sterile tray for use by Physician.
- Assist Physician during procedure with equipment, supplies; instruments, etc. as requested.
- Monitor and chart vital signs as needed.
- Perform ultrasound as needed.
- Complete proper charting of procedure and tissue exam.
- Administer routine and/or emergency medications per physician's direction, standing order, protocol and/or certification and licensure.
- Draw up and record non-controlled medications.
Summary of Skills:
- Ability to make judgment decisions within the scope of assigned tasks.
- Ability to make change and count money
- Ability to deal with public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to handle multiple telephone lines.
- Demonstrated flexibility in handling multiple tasks and working in different areas.
- Ability to prioritize and perform tasks under pressure.
- Verbal and written skills, the ability to document verbal communication in a legible, accurate and objective manner.
- Interpersonal skills, the ability to initiate and conduct two-way communication in a clear concise manner.
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions.
- Possess a strong commitment to Cedar River Clinics mission and values.
- Advocate for client during procedure by providing information, emotional and physical support; meeting her needs.
Summary of requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- General office experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills - Both written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible
- Prior experience in a medical related field preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
- Be detail oriented and able to perform repetitive tasks without error.
- Must be Pro Choice.
ABOUT THE CLINIC:
Cedar River Clinics is AAAHC accredited health care facility operated by the non-profit Feminist Women's Health Center that provides abortion, birth control and women's reproductive health care. Cedar River Clinics is the largest independent abortion provider in the State of Washington.
Cedar River Clinics is a social change organization that combines direct services (abortion and reproductive health care), with activism (to preserve the right to choose) and community education (to demystify health information and empower health decisions).
VISION: We have a vision of the world where we are all free to make our own decisions regarding our bodies, reproduction, and sexuality - creating communities where we can fulfill our own unique potential and live healthy whole lives with dignity.
MISSION: Ensure access to reproductive and sexual health care through direct services, advocacy, and community education to defend bodily autonomy and advance social justice.
To learn more about the clinic or the organization, see: CedarRiverClinics.org and